Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Five

A/N: hi!!

man, what a day!

we no longer have a douchebag as a president and actually have a politician as a president and JLo really said let's get loud and lady gaga served a whole ass look and so did michelle obama and the whole thing was just so hadgakdl

AND NOT TO MENTION KAMALA HARRIS IS A WHOLE ASS QUEEN WHO LITERALLY SAID SEXISM?? RACISM?? DONT KNOW THEM

i literally feel lighter

anyway! as the angst leaves america, it comes back here in this book :) it's a pretty short chapter, but it's still sorta important and dw there's going to be a huge fluffy chapter next week!

————————————————————
"This cake is literally calling my name.

I can hear it talking."
————————————————————

"T-Tony?"

"Hey hon, where are you? We just bought a cake to celebrate Pepper moving back in and she won't let me eat it until you get here," Tony said.

"I..." Adelaide started to say but the knot in her throat began growing again until it was unbearably painful. Her hands were shaking. She could barely hold her phone to her ear, as light as it was.

"It's just some icing!" Tony shouted over his shoulder to Pepper who has smacked his hand sneaking towards the cake, "You do remember how to have fun, right?" He turned his attention back to his phone. "Adie, seriously. This cake is literally calling my name. I can hear it talking."

Adelaide's face twisted into a tearful expression and a sob escaped her mouth.

"...Adie, what's going on?"

She tried to talk but she just began to cry harder until she couldn't breathe steadily once again.

"J-Just stay where you are, I will find you, okay?" Tony said, now completely panicking, "Please just stay put, honey."

Adelaide hung up the phone, dropping it on her lap and then sobbing into her knees as she hugged them tightly. Her entire body was shivering and the concrete she was sitting on only seemed to be getting colder by the minute as the sun set. The whole time, she could only think of one thing.

What if he got to her again before Tony?

—————

"Oh, oh thank god," Tony breathed in relief. He fell to his knees and immediately pulled her into a big, warm hug. "You're okay. You're safe. I've got you."

Adelaide threw her arms around him and crushed him into a hug so tight that it barely left room for either to breathe. Tony ran his hand up and down her back soothingly in an effort to calm down her gasping sobs. The teenager was literally shaking.

"Hey, hey, shh. It's okay, you're okay," Tony said quietly.

After a few minutes of being reminded that she was really alright, she finally calmed down. Adelaide sniffled, pulling away from the billionaire. Tony gently held her face, tilting it up so she would look at him. When she did, he saw that her eyes were red and puffy from tears and there was a tiny scratch just above her right eyebrow. She looked terrified.