Chapter Sixty-Six

A/N: GUYS WHO GOT THE SPIDER-MAN GAME FOR THE PS4!!! THAT'S RIGHT IT'S ME. HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS SO FUCKING GOOD ALJFAFGA IM EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH PETER FREAKING PARKER *sigh* why do I always fall in love with boys that don't exist?

Anyway, at least I have this Peter to myself. But he's not even in this chapter. Or the next one. Or the next one. I know I said Homecoming started, but we've got a few weeks before it really starts.

On another note, who else has finals week soon? *cries* chemistry is gonna kill me

————————————————————
"Yesterday, we both tried a garlic face

mask she suggested. It was...delightful."
————————————————————

Adelaide woke up with tears dried around her eyes.

And, of course, her neighbors causing their usual ruckus. She didn't even bother trying to shut them up this time as she rolled off of her bed. She rubbed her eyes, trying to clear them up.

"Manjeet! Ek chai pilado!" (Manjeet! Get me a cup of tea!)

"Khud banake pilo! Mujse kya chai banvane kilye shaadi ki hai!" (Make it yourself! You didn't marry me just to make you tea, did you!)

"..sirf ek chai hi toh mangi thi. Ye khuri bhi na...choti choti bato pe gusa ho jatee hai." (...I just asked for a cup of tea. This woman...gets angry over the stupidest things.)

"Ha, toh me hongi nah! Kamwali banake rakha hai muje! Khudka phone kahan pada hai vo bhi nahi bata rahetain!" (Why wouldn't I! You keep me here like a housemaid! You don't even know where your own phone is half the time!)

"For the love of God, can you both shut the hell up!" Adelaide shouted, fed up with hearing their bickering even though she couldn't understand a word of it.

"Lo. Oothgayi tumhari Amrican alarm ki ghanti. Pilao chai oosko." (Look. Your American alarm is awake. Go, give her tea, why don't you?)

A very loud and long sigh. And then...silence. Thank fucking god. Adelaide had thought they were never going to stop.

Yawning and stretching, she made her way over to the fridge to find the lesser of the expired foods she could salvage for breakfast. She found a quarter cup of milk and eggs that were stinking up the entire fridge. She immediately tossed the carton into the trash bag, took it out, and tossed it outside her door so she could throw it down the chute later.

She realized that if she didn't go to the grocery store now, she was going to starve. Sighing with a growling stomach, she dragged herself into the even more pathetic excuse for a bathroom and hopped into the shower. She knew the water wouldn't stay hot for long so she didn't bother staying under the shower for longer than she had to.

Pulling on a black tank top with shorts and leaving her wet hair down to dry, she grabbed her wallet and phone and was out the door in less than a half hour. On her way down, she almost tripped over Mr. Zimmerman's stupid cat. Why did he have to get a cat that was the same color as the carpet?

The elevator ride luckily went without any human interaction.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, she walked out quickly, in hopes of avoiding the receptionist who always tried to talk to her about his strange theories to get rid of the giant mole on his forehead. It honestly looked like someone had glued brown play-doh to his forehead.

From The Dark | Peter Parker x OC ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें