Chapter Seventy-Nine

A/N: i had my first mental breakdown of the semester this week. it came earlier than i expected but im not that surprised.

anyway, so update on my physics exam: i failed it. like got an f failed it sooo. yeah. in other news, peter and adie are still mad at each other and there's still a shitton of sexual tension so yay!!

things should get more interesting now cause adie knows a lil something about the weapons sooo

also i almost had a panic attack when wattpad erased my story today because i write everything on here and i don't back it up anywhere else and i have so many scenes that i haven't published written on here but its all good now

^also i have so many pictures of this cutie in my camera roll so that's all you're gonna see for the next few weeks. and im also obsessed with my profile picture 🥺

———————————————————
"The next day you told

me you liked tight shirts."
———————————————————

"First, I say we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer," Ned said as they were walking down the hallway. Peter cringed.

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than 'glowy thingy'," Peter said.

"You're right," Ned said, racking his brain for a better name.

Suddenly, the two guys from that night walked into the hallway. Peter froze.

"Crap," he said and then threw himself behind the wall.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on, come on," he whispered to Ned. Ned stood there for a moment, looking around in confusion and then slowly shuffled across the corridor to join Peter behind the wall, against the window.

Peter carefully glanced around the wall.

"High schools creep me out," one of the men said.

"They got this funny smell, you know?" his pal replied.

"Hey, that's one of the guys that tried to kill me," Peter said, thinking out loud.

"What?" Ned said, his eyes wide. Why was he just now hearing about this?

"We gotta get out of here," Ned said, beginning to feel slightly worried.

"No, no, no, no, no," Peter whispered, "I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped me in the lake."

"Someone dropped you in a lake?" Ned said, raising his eyebrows. Once again, why was he just now hearing about this?

"Yeah, it was not good," Peter whispered, shuddering at the memory. The two men walked into a classroom, holding some kind of electronic device in their hands. Peter creeped out from behind the wall, walking closer to the men.

"Peter–" Ned started.

"No. Stay there, Ned," Peter whispered and then ducked behind another wall, disappearing from sight.

"Peter," Ned whispered and then waited, holding his breath. Oh well. Ned hoped he wouldn't die.

Someone tapped on the window behind him and Ned jumped up, startled. He turned around. Tiny was smiling at him.

"What are you doing?" he asked. Ned glanced over his shoulder and cleared his throat.

"Nothing," he said.

"Oh," Tiny said.

"Yeah. You good?" Ned said. Tiny pointed to the table behind him.

"Chess," he said.