Chapter Forty-Nine

A/N: I have discovered online movie scripts and suddenly, life is easy.

So I'm actually writing like three chapters ahead of what you're reading now and Civil War is in full speed. Full disclosure, it will seem like Civil War is starting off really slowly but then it'll be, like Rhodey says, BOOM! You won't even see it coming *cue me evil laughing the distance*

If you're getting antsy, just know that you'll know Everything about Adelaide by chapter 60 the latest ;)

Also, PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS! I love reading all of your comments and comments go straight to the heart :,) Yeah, I know that doesn't make any sense but roll with it ;)

————————————————————
"I'm just very happy for Peter.

He sounds like a really great guy."
————————————————————

A FEW WEEKS LATER

"You're doing it all wrong," Tony said, watching the teenager, "Here, let me."

The billionaire took the hoverboard from the teenager's hand, placing it on his table. They were standing in his lab, huddled over the Deathboard. It had been weeks and Pepper still wasn't back. Adelaide always visited her, though. And Tony being the mechanic that he was, he tinkered. The Deathboard was seemingly his first prey.

It started when he found the teenager in his lab, flying laps around the room on the hoverboard. After watching her fly for about five minutes, the Deathboard began beeping and shaking out of balance and then it died. Luckily, Adelaide got away with only a scratch. But, since then, Tony had made it his mission to 'fix the piece of crap.'

Adelaide didn't argue. She knew it wasn't the best it could be. It only ran for 10 minutes and, lately, it wouldn't stop making a strange beeping noise. So she let Tony tinker with it, helping him out occasionally.

"Now give it a go," he said, closing the panel underneath the board and handing it back to her, "Oh, and I got rid of the button."

"You mean the on and off button?" she asked him, giving him an incredulous look.

"Yeah," he said, wiping his hands on a rag, "Now you have to lightly tap twice on the backside."

Adelaide laid the board on the ground and stepped onto it unsurely. Glancing at the billionaire and hoping this wasn't some practical joke he was playing on her, she gently tapped twice on the back of the board with her heel. The board came to life with a soft whirring sound that was unlike the earlier roaring noise of the propellers. The bands along the length of the board lit up with a soft white light.

And then the board did something Adelaide never expected it to do.

"Scanning...Scanning...Scanning complete. Hello, Miss Rivers," a male voice with a British accent said, "What would you like for me to do?"

Adelaide gaped at Tony who merely grinned, putting his hands up.

"Y-You put a voice in it!" she said in an accusing tone.

"His name is TADASHI," he said, with his familiar billionaire grin tugging at his lips.

Adelaide almost forgot what she was about to ask after seeing his grin. She had forgotten how much younger he looked when he smiled. She missed seeing him smile, which was hypocritical considering she didn't do it as often anymore either. The teenager thought that the only thing that would bring his smile back was Pepper but she had forgotten how strong he was.