Chapter 34

Author's Note: Thank you for the overwhelming love and support on the last chapter. I really appreciate it. Please please keep the love coming. Your votes will help this story reach more people and give this story some recognition. Hope you all will help me!

Chapter is not edited

Rudra looked down at his phone with a frown. "But, the map suggests that-"

"The map doesn't know these roads as I do." Dhara interrupted, looking extremely offended. "So, just follow my lead. Okay?"

They were currently discussing the directions to the Shiva temple. Rudra would be driving the bigger vehicle while Dhara as usual drove the jeep.

He bit back his amused laughter and shrugged. "Okay."

"Maybe I should just change your nickname from Mrs. Kohli to Ms. I am smarter than everyone." Akash teased as he sat down on the bed to wear his socks.

"Too bad I can't change your nickname because Chotu is too cute." Dhara teased right back with an ear-splitting grin.

Akash narrowed his eyes at him. "This is all your fault."

Mom's voice from downstairs called out Akash's name in the middle of his rebuking. With a huff, he left the room.

He was never going to live this one down.

"We should get going soon if we want to back before dinner," Dhara commented after checking the time on her watch.

"Is Soumya back?" he asked as he looked at the room's doorway.

"I don't think so," Dhara said, shaking her head.

"So, are we picking her up from her clinic?"

"She didn't say anything. So, I guess she's not coming." Dhara said as she shrugged.

"We'll just leave her here then?"

She snorted and tucked her phone in her back pocket. "You make it seem like we are abandoning my adult  sister."

Rudra grew flustered at the comment. "I was just asking."

"She can never chill while she could work? Unless obviously, it's a Hritik Roshan movie." she winked. "I'll call her and see if she answers. Anyway, if you can get ready then we can get this party on the road."

Rudra frowned when Dhara left. Soumya cared so much about everyone, yet she was being left out of this leisure trip. Did no one find that unfair?

When Rudra came out of the house, he found his grandfather sitting outside on the lawn chair.

"So, you did get your way after all." he teased his grandfather who looked up at him with a smug smile.

"I always get my way." the older man said, crossing his ankles and leaning back into the chair.

Rudra smiled, shaking his head. "I can't believe you managed to convince dad to stay here for an entire week."

He could hear the ladies chattering which meant they would be leaving shortly, yet there was still no sign of Soumya. His watch read 3:10 which was more than half an hour past the time she said she would be home if she was going to join them on the trip.

"Soumya isn't here," he commented quietly to his grandfather.

Dadu looked up at him and then smiled.

This was a mistake. He shouldn't have said that. Now, his grandfather would make an entirely different meaning of his situation.

"I told you to drop it," he warned.