Chapter 18

Author's note: Hi everyone, Please take a look at your profile to make sure you are following me. Sometimes if there is a delay in updates or want to make an announcement, then you won't be notified until you follow my account.

 Sometimes if there is a delay in updates or want to make an announcement, then you won't be notified until you follow my account

Note: Chapter is unedited

Soumaya frowned as soon as she exited her bathroom and her glance fell of Dhara on the bed. Laying on her stomach, Dhara seemed to be reading a magazine. But what caught Soumya's attention was the red shawl with yellow leaves wrapped around her shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Soumya demanded as she walked up to her and tugged at the piece of fabric till Dhara let go of it. "Why did you take this?"

Dhara sat up and crossed her legs as she watched her neatly fold the cloth and place it under her clothes. As she was putting the shawl away, she could hear the ringing of Rudra's laughter loud and clear in her ears. An automatic smile appeared on her face as the memory of Rudra throwing his head back and laughing as freely as he had done back there. She wondered if she would encounter more scenes like that again.

"We always share our clothes," Dhara said, raising her eyebrows at her when she came back to sit on the bed. "Why are you getting upset? It was sitting on the chair, so I picked it up and draped it."

"I am not upset," She hurriedly clarified. "It's new, so I didn't want to ruin it."

Luckily Dhara didn't question any further and got busy with her magazine. So, Soumya pulled up her razai that had bright coloured peacocks on it over her head to take a nap.

Last night had ended with such mixed emotions that Soumya was left confused. On the Ferris wheel, Rudra had shared a part of his life with her. Something that seemed so personal and intimate that she had begun thinking they were friends. However, after getting off the wheel, Rudra closed himself off again. He wasn't rude to her at all, but she could feel the wedge that Rudra was insisting on trying and putting between them.

"You have no right to be upset." She murmured and closed her eyes.

Just as she was about to doze off, a soft knock on the door had her sitting up.

"Ugh! What do you want?" Dhara asked, annoyed when she found Akash waiting on the other side of the door with his hands behind his back.

"I am so sorry to bug you, but I think you left these in the room. I was putting something under the bed, and I found them."

"Oh, I am sorry, your highness." Dhara mocked. "How dare I have my stuff in my roommmmmm..." She drawled on the word room when she realized what he had in his hand. Snatching the item out of his hand, she quickly tried to close the door on his face.

"What is it?" Soumya asked as she stood up from the bed.

"Chocolates. I think they are Dhara's," Akash answered for Dhara.