Chapter 24

Author's note: Here is our normal Wednesday chapter! Hope you like it!! 

P.S. I am so sorry about not replying to your guy's comments in the last chapter. But, please know that I have read each one of them and greatly appreciate them. I promise to be better at my replies.

This chapter is unedited

Akash jogged down the stairs with his camera in hand. The party already seemed to have started, but the sudden phone call from the office had taken longer than he expected. There was a scheduling conflict between two big clients which meant that he would need to return to Delhi soon. He made a mental note to ask Rudra about the nurse he was going to hire for their grandfather.

Just as he was about to walk outside to the verandah, he heard the sound of something falling in the kitchen.

"Everything okay?" He asked Dhara and Manoj who were standing around the kitchen counter.

They both let out a startled cry and immediately tried to hide something behind them. But, when they realized his presence, they relaxed and moved away from the counter.

He frowned, confused by their odd reaction. His eyes fell on the open bottles of coke bottles and a giant bowl of coke which confused him further. "What's going on?"

"I told you to keep a lookout!" Dhara hissed and hit Manoj's arm.

"And then you told me to come to help you. Why don't you decide what you want me to do?" Manoj retorted with a huff.

"Go lookout." Dhara snapped in annoyance and Manoj looked equally pissed off as he went and stood near the kitchen doorway.

"What exactly are you doing?" Akash asked as he walked up to Dhara when she turned her back to him and picked up the last full bottle of Coke.

"Sshh... Stop making so much noise." Dhara whispered and bent down to bring out a satchel.

Realization dawned upon him. "You are pouring alcohol into empty Coke bottles?"

"Yes," She answered with a proud grin. "If you want to drink Rum then pick the bottle with a green dot and if you want Whiskey then the yellow dot."

He raised his eyebrows in amusement. "You're doing it because you don't want your grandparents to find out that you drink?"

She stopped filling the bottle and shot him an accusatory glare. "Yes," She snapped as if this was somehow his fault. "Obviously, you won't understand."

"Why won't I understand?"

"Because you are a boy and your family probably doesn't have restrictions against alcohol," Dhara explained with a huff and went back to her task at hand.