Chapter 17

Author's note: You guys asked for it. A long chapter ahead(It is twice the word count of the last chapter) Hope you guys like it. Please please don't forget to vote and comment!

The chapter is not edited.

"This is ridiculous," Soumya whispered to Dhara in her ear

"This is ridiculous," Soumya whispered to Dhara in her ear. "Let's go do something else right now. You can do this with your friends."

"Do you have a problem if we wait here till my friends get here?" Dhara asked Rudra, who was standing behind the sisters as they all waited for the self-proclaimed 'world-renowned astrologer' Katyayani Mishra.

Rudra just shrugged in response.

"See!" Dhara pointed at him and rolled her eyes. "He has no problem. If you want, you guys can go find the crazy guy who knows nothing about anything and leave. I'll wait here to see the astrologer."

"I am not leaving you here by yourself," Soumya said adamantly. Mrs. Katyayani had set up her tent further away from the premises of the fair, making it a hub for people with nefarious intentions. "But, seriously! Dhara, I don't understand why we have to come here every year. Why don't you understand that all this hogwash and a money-making scheme."

"It's not," Dhara argued. "Remember, that time when she said my life would change for the better, and I got that job at the summer camp for children."

Soumya rolled her eyes at her sister. Sure, she believed in the power of star and destiny, but she definitely didn't believe someone had the ability to see the future as Katyayani Mishra claimed. "You also broke your leg and failed your mid-semester exam."

"Whatever!" Dhara huffed and stood on her tiptoes to look over the line up to see when she was going to be up.

"Sorry," Soumya quietly said to Rudra.

"Huh?" He looked over in her direction and bent slightly so he could hear what she wanted to say.

"Sorry," She said again, this time a bit louder. "I don't understand why Dhara believes all this."

"It's okay," Rudra replied as he continued looking around the premises.

"Have you been to a fair before?" She asked in an attempt to make small talk, and Rudra ensured it remained a small talk when he replied with a smile 'Yes.' Nothing more. Nothing less.

Dhara pinched her lips together to laugh discretely, but Soumya knew her sister was laughing at her.

"It's our turn!" Dhara grabbed Soumya's hand tightly and pulled her into the tent.

The tent was dark and cold as compared to the bright sunny day outside. The intense scent of sandalwood and camphor hit her nose, and she sneezed. Sniffling, she followed Dhara further into the tent. She felt and heard Rudra following them. Once, they were all seated on the floor in front of Katyayani, dressed in all white and had messy dreadlocks, deep kajal lined eyes and dark burgundy lipstick. Every year, they visited her, and every year Soumya found herself even eerier than the previous visit.