Chapter 19

Author's note: A new chapter is up early! Huge apologies for not replying to all the comments on the previous chapter, but I promise I have read each one of them and cherish all of them dearly. I will reply to all the comments under this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy reading it. Please keep some patience for the next chapter. It will be out next Tuesday or Wednesday(13th or 14th October), and I promise I'll make it longer as compensation.❤

Chapter is unedited

Chapter is unedited

Dhara stomped her way to her room. First of all, she was being forced to go to Dharamsala for just one day to shop for things that she didn't care about and on top of that, she had to spend the entire afternoon and evening with the Monkeyface. She felt extremely guilty about feeding him chillies at the fair, but after what he had done, she thought it balanced out. At least 45% considering she had caused him physical pain.

"Why are you still not ready?" She demanded when he opened the door of her room.

"I am so sorry," He said, looking genuinely apologetic. "I just finished an important call with my team. I'll be ready in five minutes."

She frowned. Why was he being so civil with her? "Are you alright?"

"Yes, why?"

"Then why are you talking to me normally?"

He appeared amused as he leaned against the door frame. "Would you rather that I tease you, Mrs. Kohli?"

Strangely, yes. "Whatever!" She snapped and pushed past him into the room. "I need to get my jacket."

"Please, be my guest!"He smiled and picked up his clothes that were already laid out on the bed before quickly making his way to the bathroom.

"Be my guest!" She mocked, annoyed.

"There you are!"Dhara said when she finally found her purple jacket in the back of the closet.

Putting in on, she checked herself out in the mirror. Just as she was about to exit the room, her eyes fell on Akash's laptop with its lid open. But what caught her attention was the picture displayed on it. It was a picture of her grandparents. Her grandmother was slapping her forehead while her grandfather was holding the bottle of medication in his hand and pressing his lips together as if trying to control his laughter. Moments like these were rare, and the fact that Akash had managed to capture the couple's intimate moment like this made her smile. She looked towards the bathroom door and found it still closed, so she flipped through the next photograph in his gallery after promising herself that she would stop after the next one. The following picture was a black and white picture of her and Soumya laughing at something she was showing Soumya on her phone while Soumya applied oil to her hair. Feeling guilty about invading his privacy like this, she wanted to stop, but she wanted to see what else Akash's lense had captured.