Chapter 52

Author's note: Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on the last chapter. I am so glad most of you liked the last chapter!

The next chapter will be up soon.

The chapter is not edited

“Dadi, Dadu will be okay. The reports are much better than what we expected.” Rudra rubbed his grandmother's back as she cried in his arms.

“I shouldn't have left him alone,” Tanuja cried while berating herself.

Apurva asked Rudra to move so he could sit beside his mother. “It's not your fault, Maa. This could have happened even if you were there.”

“Uncle is right. We need to emotionally support Dadaji right now. When he wakes up and sees you crying, he'll be very upset,” Dhara added when Tanuja continued to cry.

“What if something happens to him?”

“Dadi, please don't be negative,” Rudra said as he crouched on the floor in front of Tanuja.

Chandni flanked Tanuja and held out a cup of water. “You haven't eaten or drunk anything for over 13 hours, Tanuja.” 

“No,” Tanuja shook her head and pushed the glass away. “Until Puru opens his eyes and talks to me. I won't eat or drink anything.”

“Maa,” Apurva clicked his tongue and took the glass from Chandni's hand and held it in front of his mother. “Please, don’t behave like a child. You need to take care of yourself.”

“No,” Tanuja pushed the glass away from his hand once again.

Before anyone could press Tanuja to listen to them, the door opened and the hospital nurse in charge of taking care of Purshottam appeared in the doorway.

“The patient is conscious now. If you like you can meet him, but only 2-3 people at a time. And he needs rest so please make this short.”

Tanuja, Apurva and Shipra were the first to go and meet Purshottam.

Nearly 5 minutes later, Apurva and Shipra exited the room letting Akash and Rudra visit.

“Not both you as well,” Purshottam weakly responded when the brothers entered the room. “Why are you looking so sad? I haven't died yet. Leave some tears for when I die.”

“Puru,”

“Dadu,”

“What?” he asked. “We all know that it is going to happen then why are you all behaving like it is a complete surprise?”

“Just keep quiet, Puru,” Tanuja scolded while trying to wipe her tears. “The nurse has told you not to talk.”

“It's true,” Purshottam argued. “And God has been kind enough to all of us by giving us a prior notice. So we can all mentally prepare ourselves.”

“Dadu,” Akash pushed past Rudra and hugged Purshottam. This was the first time he had said a word since coming to Dharamsala. “I am not going to let you go anywhere. There has to be a cure somewhere in this world. I am going to find it and treat you.”

Purshottam chuckled and patted Akash on his head. “I really appreciate your offer, Dr. Akash, but you don't need to do that.”

“I am going to. I don't care what you say or what Rudra says. Or any other doctor in the world says. I am going to find a cure for you.” Akash said adamantly and wiped away the tears.

Purshottam smiled at his younger grandson before beckoning Rudra closer to him.

“Dadu, how are you feeling now? Are you in pain?”