Chapter 7

Author's Note: The chapter is unedited  so you will find errors

Author's Note: The chapter is unedited  so you will find errors. I am sorry that you have to deal with these issues but I honestly don't have time to do a through edit of the chapter. I will leave a note on top of any chapter that is not edited so you all are aware. Hopefully you can understand!

In the light of the sad news that has hit us, I would like to please please request each of you to please be as kind, compassionate and empathetic as possible. I know it is difficult but do it anyways! You never know what one is going through. I agree that you are not responsible for someone else's problems but you can work to not be a problem in someone's life. Take care of yourself and the people around you!❤

"Dadi, this is not the guy." Soumya hissed when Chandni refused to get up and listen to her despite her attempts.

It only took the couple a few moments before the entire mood of the couple shifted. "What?" The couple gasped together. Pulling away the plate of gujiyas that she had been forcing him to take, Chandni glared accusingly at the young man in front of her.

"Yes," Rudra stood up and tried to put as much space between him and the glaring couple as possible. When he circled the table to stand facing them, he noticed how their granddaughter or Soumya took a step to move away from him. "As I said, there is a miscommunication." Placing a hand on his chest, he introduced, "My name is Rudra. Rudra Rawat. Your neighbour Purshottam? Purshottam Rawat. His grandson."

Haripraksh Awasthy's eyes widened ever so slightly and then slowly stood up. Despite his age, Haripraksh firmly locked eyes with Rudra. Pointing towards the door. "Get out." He ordered through gritted teeth.

Before Rudra could react to the demand, the two ladies gasped at Haripraksh's rude behaviour.

"Ji, what are you saying?" Chandni huffed and laughed nervously, looking at her Rudra. "He is just being silly." She explained and pushed her husband and limped over to Rudra. Touching his forearms, she smiled fondly, and then happy tears welled in her eyes. "You were a baby when I saw you last time. Such a handsome young man you have become."

Rudra awkwardly smiled down the short older lady. He waited for a beat before bending down to touch her feet. "I have heard a lot about you and-"

"Maaji!" Manoj ran inside the house, yelling in joy. "This isn't our Jijaji." He announced, pointing at Rudra and then looked at towards the door. "He is-"

"We know who he is." Haripraksh snapped. "Don't let anyone enter the property." He ordered again, but it was too late because they saw Purshottam and Tanuja Rawat along with another young man appear in the doorway.