Chapter 12

Author's note: The chapter is not edited. If you find any mistakes, please let me know. I'll fix them ASAP. Thank you!!❤❤

Also, the number of votes have gone down. Is there something that I can do better to help make your reading experience better? Are you guys not enjoying the story?

~~~○●○♤○●○~~~

That night

"Dhara, I swear to God." Soumya hissed as she tugged at her sister's arm in an attempt to drag her further. "Stop acting like a child."

"And you stop trying to act like my moral studies teacher." She whispered loudly and tried to hold her ground. "I am not going to apologize to Monkeyface and his brother Grumpyface."

Soumya let out an involuntary laugh. "Where do you come up with these names? And Dr. Rudra is not grumpy; he is just reserved."

"You know earlier, I was just teasing, but now I am seriously beginning to doubt if you actually love him or something."

"You already don't have a lot of grey matter, and you are using it all up cooking these idiotic theories and finding different ways to fight with people. Use your brain in your studies, and maybe this time, you'll get good grades... They are our guests. You saw how happy Dadaji and Dadi are with them here." Soumya stopped pulling but didn't let go of Dhara's hand. However, most importantly, they are so busy with their friends that they are not talking about my marriage at all.

"I am not doing it." Dhara stomped her foot and tried to leave, but Soumya tightened her grip and began pulling again. Despite the difference in their physical fitness levels, Soumya managed almost to drag Dhara to her bedroom door.

Both the sisters began tugging at each other while trying to stay as quiet as possible because they didn't want to wake the grandparents who were getting ready to bed downstairs.

Dhara's bedroom suddenly opened, and Rudra appeared in the doorway. He looked as confused and surprised as them at their unexpected appearance. Soumya immediately let go of Dhara's arm, causing both of them to nearly topple over.

"Is everything okay?" He asked with a small frown as the sisters gave each other meaningful stares and attempted to talk through their face rather than words.

"Yes," Soumya hurriedly said as a clarification. "We were just wondering if we could talk to Akash..."

Rudra's frown deepened, "Why?"

"Relax, I am not going to beat your brother up again," Dhara said with a small amount of smugness.

Soumya cleared her throat as a warning to Dhara before stepping a step closer to him to put herself in between him and Dhara. "We were hoping to apologize to him about this morning." She explained, trying her best not to squirm under his stare.