Chapter 47

Author's note: Sorry guys! This one is a shorter chapter as unfortunately this is not the complete chapter, but since I promised a chapter today, I am posting the first half of it today and then will post the next chapter sooner. Thank you for your patience.❤

The chapter is not edited

Rudra felt a weight on his chest as he looked around the room he had called his own for more than a month. It was strange how quickly he had gotten attached. He was going to miss everything about this place and all the positive changes it brought about within him and his life.

As he was walking downstairs with his bag that was now full of all his belongings, it felt heavier than it did when he had first moved in. Maybe because he was taking along tons of memories and smiles with him.

An involuntary smile bubbled within him when he noticed both Soumya and Dhara in the living room. Soumya was packing something in her bag while Dhara was sitting on the couch with her legs propped up on the table.

"Good morning," he greeted with a smile as he dropped his bag next to Dhara's packed bag.

"Don't talk to me." Dhara groaned as she threw her head back on the backrest of the couch and massaged her forehead. "I am never drinking again!"

Suddenly, Dhara moved her feet and sat up straight. "I mean Pepsi. I am never drinking Pepsi again," she said and that's when he noticed her grandmother walking towards them with a tray in her hand.

Chandni placed the tray on the table with a thud. It was hard enough for the glass to almost fall over, but it didn't. "It's lemon and ginger water," Chandni said, curtly. "Just because your Dadaji and I aren't saying anything doesn't mean we don't know. Make sure this is not a regular thing."

He watched Dhara and Soumya exchange a glance before nodding at their grandmother.

"Rudra beta," Chandni came up to him and held his arm. "Please take care of these girls."

"Of course, Dadi," he reassured with a smile.

Chandni didn't appear convinced, but she didn't say anything and walked back to the kitchen.

"How are you feeling?" Rudra asked Soumya who had gone back to packing her bag once again.

Soumya paused and gave him a side glance before quickly going back to her task. "Fine. I just have to go grab one more thing. I'll be back and then we can leave." she mumbled, evasively and rushed upstairs.

Rudra frowned at her reaction. What had gotten into her? Was it regarding last night? Sitting down beside Dhara, he nudged her with his elbow. "Is Soumya okay?"

Dhara gulped her drink before looking at him in confusion. "Yeah. Why?"

"I just feel like she... Never mind." he shook his head and smiled at her. "Are you excited to go to Delhi?"

She grinned at him. "So excited!"

Akash appeared in the doorway with his bags. When he noticed them, his look turned guarded. He walked over to them and placed his bags beside the others. "Is everyone ready?"

Dhara held up a glass of the lemon drink for him. "Almost. Di just has to grab something."

Akash shook his head. "I am good."

"Drink it," Dhara instructed, continuing to hold up the glass. "It'll help with the hangover."

"It's alright." Akash shook his head and began picking up his bag to load in the back of the car.