Chapter 23

Author's note: 600+ votes on the last chapter!! You guys!❤❤ So, as promised, here is a new chapter. It is significantly shorter than most of my other chapters because the entire angithi party scene would have made this chapter too long and difficult for mobile users to read. Please don't be angry! I promise a LONGER chapter in the next update. Also, the precap scene from the last chapter has also been shifted to the next chapter. I promise I am not playing games with you guys like Indian TV serial promos. It just so happened. Hope you'll understand!

Also, I saw this trend where readers ask the characters questions and the author answers them as the character. I would love to do that with this story, so do you have any questions for either Dhara, Akash, Soumya or Rudra? Please share them here and I'll answer them in the next update.

A lovely user has requested that I share with you the story that she has written. Please do check out SurbhiSh13 profile and read her work!😊

 Please do check out SurbhiSh13 profile and read her work!😊

This chapter is not edited

"I don't know," Soumya said, parting her hair in two at the nape of her neck to let it fall in soft waves on either side of her neck. "It looks a little over." She speculated as she looked down at her navy blue off shoulder dress.

"It is a party, Di." Dhara groaned in exasperation. "You can't wear your boring clothes."

"But still," She tried to cover her bare shoulders with her thick hair, but Dhara swatted her hand away. "It's a little revealing."

"Di, stop acting like a prude. You are fine! Plus you are going to wear a jacket." Dhara scolded as she slipped on her long silver earrings to match the short flutter sleeved black dress she was wearing.

Soumya checked her reflection again and decided to go along with the outfit Dhara insisted she wear.

"Ohhhh" Dhara sang and nudged Soumya with her shoulder as she was applying lipstick. "Nice. Very nice." She winked and sat down on the bed to wear stockings.

Soumya rolled her eyes and went back to applying some makeup. She almost ended up jabbing her eye when Dhara said, "Don't apply too much lipstick because if everything goes according to my plan, Nakul will be taking it right off."

"Dhara!" Soumya squeaked, embarrassed and appalled by the obscene plans her sister had fabricated in her head. "I swear to God, Dhara, you do anything remotely inappropriate and I'll kill you."

"Okay," Dhara shrugged and continued getting ready. "Although, I am a little miffed that you didn't tell me you were texting him."

"Dhara, I am serious. There is nothing going on between me and Nakul. We just talk once in a while. When I put out a post on Facebook, he messaged me because he wanted to help the cause. That's it. Nothing more." Soumya said, almost ready to bang her head against the wall because how childishly her sister was acting. "I am not joking."