Chapter 5

"Let's go!" Dhara yelled as she pressed hard on the horn of her roofless Jeep Wrangler

"Dhara, stop that!" Soumya warned as she appeared on the balcony. "We are coming. Why are you acting like this?"

"It is just half a day trip. You all don't even have to pack anything. I am the one that is going on a seven day trip after the match. What is taking you all so long?" She asked, and jumped off the bed and glared up at her sister.

"Why don't you chill? We get there when we get there" Soumya mocked. It was her revenge on Manoj and Dhara for calling her a high-strung, rule-following and goody two shoes who needed to learn to let loose.

Dhara rolled her eyes and was about to tell Soumya that all the advice was only for things unrelated to cricket when a loud sound from inside the house had Soumya rushing inside.

Dhara groaned looking upwards at the sky, she too walked back into their house. Their grandparents were adamant about getting the house renovated before Soumya's wedding. It was almost World War III and Cold War combined two months ago between the sisters and the grandparents with Manoj playing the mediator. Finally, Soumya had put her foot down and agreed to do whatever Haripraksh and Chandini wanted to do. So, here they were in the initial phases of getting their house renovated.

"What happened?" Dhara asked, cautiously as she stepped into the room full of glass shards.

"These fools don't know how to do any work." Haripraksh waved his hands in the air in exasperation. "I told you to be careful!"

"Aree, Sir" one of the workers who was holding an empty box that previously contained the beautiful elegant glasses that now lay on the floor, shattered into pieces. "We told you to pack properly. You didn't put enough tape. How is it our fault?"

"Look at this!" The old man yelled in frustration. "It is their fault and they are blaming us."

The arguments got heated as Dhara jumped in to support her grandfather.

"It's okay. Bhaiya, just leave all this." Soumya placed a hand on her grandfather's shoulder and finally managed to calm him down. "You come tomorrow evening. Manoj, clean this up."

"Such useless fools. Tell them that there is no need for them to come tomorrow either. I'll do everything by myself." Haripraksh grumbled as he sat on the dining table while Soumya measured his blood pressure.

"Oh yes! We are a young and strong man after all," Chandni mocked and cradled her head in her hands. "If you didn't roam around them like an annoying bee, all our bedrooms would have been renovated by now. Now, when the boy and his family come to see Soumya tomorrow, we can show them our half broken and painted house."

"You make it seem like all this is my fault!" He said in disbelief.

"Then whose fault is it?" Chandni asked.