Chapter 6

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter! New chapter will be up as soon as I can finish updating my other two stories

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter! New chapter will be up as soon as I can finish updating my other two stories.❤

~~~○●○♡○●○~~~

"Manoj!" Chandni yelled for the umpteenth time that day. She limped to the dining table with a plate of freshly fried hot gujiyas. Setting it on the table, she looked at her husband who was cleaning his hunting rifle. "Did you call Deepti and Raja to ask if they are on their way?" She demanded with her hands on her hips.

Buffing the gun one last time, he picked it up and mounted it on the wall. The gun was a token given to his father by the king of Himachal Pradesh. He always habit of polishing it for any visitor to see.

"I called them, but they didn't answer. Utterly useless. Both of them! I had warned you that this boy was going to bring bad luck to our family and see what happened. He is just waiting for me to die, so he can inherit something from me." He huffed and began cleaning the Coffee Table.

She clicked her tounge and shook her head. "Why do you have to say things like that? He is our son-in-law. What about Soumya? Did you call her?"

"She said she is on her way."

Haripraksh began grumbling and complaining as he made sure the coffee table was spik and span, so she just turned around to go find Manoj.

"Manoj!" She yelled again.

"Coming! Coming!" He yelled back and returned with a heavy box. "You managed to find it?" Gleefully clapping her hands once, and then ruffling his hair. "Leave these in the sink. I'll wash them till then you go and see where Soumya is."

"There she is!" Haripraksh exclaimed as Soumya appeared in the doorway with her helmet in one hand and her white coat draped on the other. "Sorry, Dadi. The patient line up was too long today." She said, as she hurriedly walked to go to her bedroom and get dressed, but immediately stopped when she saw the elaborate feast laid out on the dining table.

"No, gulab jamun?" Soumya asked sardonically as she took off her purse and tossed it on the chair.

"I told Maaji that we should make gulab jamuns, but she just wouldn't listen. She said that halwa would be a better dessert." Manoj sighed and shook his head in disappointment.

"You think we should make gulab jamuns?" Chandi asked with worry lines clouding her forehead. "I'll make them right away." She was already turning around to go to the kitchen when Soumya held her hand.

"What is that, Manoj?" Soumya asked, pointing to the box he was holding.

"Oh, this?" He grinned and held up the box a little higher. "The silver utensils and cutlery. We'll serve dinner to Jijaji and his family in these fine plates."