Chapter 13

Author's note: Holy crap you guys, this story has reached 50K reads!! This is a huge deal for me. Please continue supporting this story with your votes and comments. If you think this story deserve more love, please share it with others as well!

 If you think this story deserve more love, please share it with others as well!

💮

If Akash weren't so exhausted, he would be impressed by Rudra's stamina and form. They had been jogging for 6 kilometres as per his Fitbit and Rudra barely broke a sweat while his legs felt like cooked spaghetti.

Watching the indomitable Rudra's panic and helpless expressions in his sleep that morning was almost surreal. He had never seen his brother like that. Rudra was always the strong macho one in the duo. Even as children, Rudra always stood up to everyone for him. Be it in front of their parents, teachers or even friends. No matter what mischief he did, Rudra voluntarily took the blame for it and subsequently the punishment as well, or he did until the elders caught on and discovered who the real troublemaker was.

He had an inkling regarding what his nightmare was about, but he didn't realize that the incident had such a profound impact on his brother that he had become insomniac and had begun taking sleeping pills to have a good night's sleep. Pretending not to notice, how many times Rudra turned and twisted on the bed, or the times he went out of the room and didn't return for hours was easier than asking him what was going on. Rudra was a mature adult and a good doctor who knew what he needed to feel better, and him meddling in his life wasn't really one of them.

"I thought you hiked and spent all this time building a six-pack in the gym," Rudra asked with a smirk as he jogged backwards to face him, "What happened? Are you tired already?"

He was just as shocked. How did Rudra have more stamina than him when he was the one who spent hours at the gym. "You wish! I was just going slow for you." He laughed, hoping Rudra didn't hear his panting out as he struggled to keep up with him.

Rudra cleared his throat as Akash jogged past him. The jerk was beside him in no time despite his head start.

"Akash!" Rudra called out when they approached an empty bench. Being a tourist hotspot, the city had its benefits. "Let's sit down for a while."

"No! No! Let's keep going. How many more kilometres do you want to run?" He asked, with his hand draped around his stomach.

Rudra rolled his eyes, "I am really tired. Let's sit down for some time."

"What a loser! You need to work on your stamina." Akash panted out but was already making his way to the bench.

"Will work on that. Sit down before you pass out." He scoffed and walked behind him to the bench.

Both the brothers sat in silence for a few moments. Rudra checked the messages on his phone while Akash tried to catch his breath.

"I told you there was no need for you to come behind me. I was fine!" Rudra said after a while, not looking away from his phone.