Chapter 39

Author's note: Since it's Valentine's Day I thought I would give you guys a present in the form of a long chapter. Hope you like it!😊 Please do vote and comment if you guys enjoy this chapter. The number of votes are dropping and I know that a lot of the readers have stopped reading, but if you are still here then please show some support.

Also, if you have some time, please do check out my other story, Loving The Enemy. If you like fast paced stories then I think you'll like it.

Happy Valentine's Day!❤

This chapter is not edited. Also, please don't take the cricket match too seriously. There may be mistakes so please forgive me if it triggers you.

Akash lifted the bat and bounced it slightly in his hands to check the weight. "I also think this one is nice," he said to Dhara who was standing beside him.

"Okay. We'll take this." Dhara said to the young man on the opposite side of the counter. Monty Chabra as Dhara had introduced him smiled gleefully at them. Clearly, he had a thing for Dhara. Neither of them had told him anything, but he knew because ever since they had entered the store, Monty refused to leave their side despite the store being filled with people who needed help and attention. Also, Monty's grin widened any time Dhara looked in his direction.

"Should we buy a ball as well? I think the one we have is quite old." Dhara asked him as she looked around the store still unfazed by the attention and wide smiles Monty was giving her.

Before he could answer Monty jumped to the rescue. "Of course you should! Let me show you." he quickly disappeared into a room in the interior of the shop.

"Isn't he so hot?" Dhara whispered to him as she tried to control her laughter.

"Very hot! You're so lucky, Dhara," he whispered back and they both burst out laughing.

Everyone in the store looked in their direction and they both immediately tried to rein in their laugher.

"Look at this, Dhara." Monty appeared with a tube-shaped container. "It's the best quality." he insisted as he pulled out a cricket ball from it. "Just like you," he added shyly.

Dhara's eyes widened in disbelief and she looked at Akash with her mouth agape. On the other hand, Akash just couldn't stop laughing. Covering his mouth, he tried to hide his laughter but was pretty sure he wasn't successful because Monty gave him a dirty glare.

"Who is this?" Monty practically demanded. "Your brother?"

He saw Dhara opening her mouth to deny the question, but then suddenly a mischievous smile appeared on her face. She leaned over the counter and beckoned Monty closer. Akash too leaned forward to listen in to the conversation. "You won't tell anyone, right?" she whispered to Monty.

"I won't tell anyone. Mummy promise!" Monty pinched the front of his neck to demonstrate his allegiance to Dhara.

"He is my friend," Dhara whispered. "Special friend," she added causing Monty's scowl and his own amusement to grow deeper.

Monty looked at him to question Dhara's claims and all he could do was shrug and nod with a faux apologetic smile.

Monty suddenly pushed back from the counter and yelled, "Vicky!"

The poor unsuspecting helper almost fell from the ladder he was standing on. Vicky quickly rushed over to them. "Ji, Bhaiya?"

"Give them what they need and charge them properly. Don't give them any discount." Monty snarled before disappearing into the back room once again.