Chapter 40

A little gift from delicatehues

A little gift from delicatehues. Thank you so much!!❤❤

The chapter is not edited!

Rudra rolled the sleeves of his t-shirt as he made his to the living room. He hadn't gotten a lot of sleep last night which already put him in a cranky mood, but Netra's email about how nothing had been completed in his absence on top of the HR issues just soured his mood further.

He pulled out the chair and plopped himself. Quitely he sat at the table just massaging his headache. It was strange, but he felt her presence before he heard her speak.

"Good morning," came her quiet apprehensive greeting as she stood beside him. The usual subtle scent of her perfume felt stronger than it did on most days aggravating his headache more.

He placed his arms on the table and looked up at her. Her usually bright and beaming face was a little dull and tired. "Morning,"

"You feeling okay?" she asked with a concerned look on her face that made him smile a little.

"Yes," he nodded and sat up a little more so could look at her. "Just a headache. Do you have any ibuprofen?"

"Of course!" she nodded and walked to the living room.

"Where's everyone by the way?" he asked over his shoulder as he closed his eyes and massaged his forehead once again.

"Our grandmothers, Uncle and Aunty have gone to visit an old friend with Manoj. Dhara and Sweetie are at Dhara's friend's house. For her dance group meeting. My Dadaji is outside arguing with our neighbours about something and your Dadaji is in his room." Soumya replied distractedly.

He smiled through his pain at her detailed report. When he heard her walk up to him once again, he put his arm down. "Here you go." she handed him the bottle of medication.

"Thanks," he said to her and reached for the glass, but she beat him to it. "I could have-"

Soumya smiled and held the glass of water for him. "I know."

He washed the pill down with the water. "Thanks," he said to her again.

"You're welcome." she smiled and picked up the medication and put it back from where she grabbed it. "Is Akash awake?"

Rudra shook his head. "He's still sleeping. Are we going today for the picnic?"

"I don't think so. Everyone is kind of busy." she began walking towards the kitchen. "I'll get some breakfast for you and a special masala tea to help with your headache. It'll disappear in no time."

He smiled and she disappeared into the kitchen. That's when he realized that Soumya was all alone on kitchen duty. "I am not hungry right now. I can wait till everyone gets back," he yelled out to her as a courtesy and guilt of making her work.