Chapter 37

Author's note: Thank you to everyone who spent some time to vote and comment on the last chapter!!

I apologize for not updating yesterday. I tried so hard, but my health just didn't want to cooperate. I am feeling much better but not the best so I haven't edited the chapter at all. Hope the mistakes are not too jarring or distracting.

Dhara stood up and clapped to gather everyone's attention. "So teams will be-"

"I am tired. I think I'll just go and sleep." Soumya said, standing up. "You all go ahead and play."

"Me too." Apurva immediately mimicked.

"I have a few calls to make as well." Rudra stood up along with his father.

"No one is going anywhere," Purshottam ordered. "All your calls can be made later, Rudra. Apurva and Soumya, you both can catch up on your beauty sleep in a few hours. Sit down, all three of you."

The trio shared a glance before slowly sitting back down on their respective seating arrangements.

Dhara winked at Purshottam who gave her a smug smile. Looking around the group, Dhara tried to gauge their Bollywood song knowledge and singing capabilities. "Okay, so the teams are as follows... Aunty, Manoj, Dadi, Dadu, Akash and I are on one team and the rest of you are on the other team."

"Thank God," Akash murmured under his breath, but Dhara heard it.

As they were moving the seating arrangements to reflect the teams, Dhara whispered in his ear, "Why did you say Thank God?"

"Because you're on my team," he whispered back once they had taken their seats. When she frowned at his response, he explained, "I have learnt my lesson. It's smarter to play on your team and not against you."

Dhara grinned and nudged him with her elbow lightly. "You're not as dumb as I thought you were." she teased and both of them shared a short silent laugh.

"So before we being. A few rules of the game." Dhara announced. "Every single member of your team has to sing. So, pick a fixed order of rotation for your team members so we all know whose turn it is to sing. Obviously, other team members can help them by suggesting songs and singing along with them, but the song has to be started by the appropriate member. Clear?"

Apurva shook his head. "I don't think-"

"Yes! Yes! Everything is clear." Purshottam spoke quickly ignoring his son's incredulous glare.

Dhara sat back and pulled out her phone to keep a tally of the points. Since it was just two teams, Manoj from Dhara's team decided to volunteer himself and their team to go first. Clearing his throat, he began singing his favourite song, Mere Rang Mein Rang Ne Wali.

As everyone was sitting and enjoying Manoj's singing and acting performance, Rudra leaned in closer to Soumya.  "You okay?" he whispered in her ear.

Soumya attempted to smile and nod. "I am fine."

He didn't appear to be appeased by her response. "Do you want me to speak to Dadu? He sometimes goes overboard with his requests."

She immediately shook her head. "I am really fine."

Before he could respond, everyone around them began clapping. The duo too joined the rest of them as they applauded Manoj's performance.

"It's good that you are only trying to get into acting," Dhara commented.

Manoj sulked as everyone around him laughed and chuckled.

"I think Manoj sings really well." Reena meekly added with her face red in embarrassment.