Chapter 1

3:30 AM- Somewhere on the outskirts of Delhi

What was once a quiet and deserted rural road, tonight it had become the arena for Trip to Hell, an annual motorbike racing event. Every year they would pick a different part of the country and a diverse terrain.

Under the smog-filled and starless sky, thousands of youngsters gathered to watch the event. With every passing year, it seemed like the game was getting bigger and bigger as more participants began entering the competition, and more sponsorships began flooding in.

Loud hollering and cheering atop of metal music blaring on the speakers echoed far and wide.

"Akash," A group of girls yelled over the music as they waved the long banner they had printed for him. "We love you!"

Akash Rawat turned around and zeroed in on the group before giving him a heart-melting dimpled smile. "I love you too." He shouted back and blew them a kiss.

The girls gushed as they watched him take off his black leather jacket under which he was wearing a white t-shirt that hugged his muscles snugly.

"Thanks," He said to his friend Sameer who had just handed him his protective gear.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sameer asked Akash once the later was completely ready except his helmet.

"What do you mean?" He asked as he smiled and waved to the people in the crowd who called out his name.

Sameer moved in closer to his friend and spoke into his ear, "Apparently Dheeraj Chaturvedi is participating in this race."

Aksh sat down on his bike and posed for one of his fans. "Who is that?" He asked without taking his eyes off the crowd or that smile wearing off.

"He is a new racer, but apparently really good. He was the one who won this year's race in Spain." Sameer informed. "The one you didn't attend."

"So?"

Sameer shook his head at Akash's nonchalance. "Dude, What if you lose?" He whispered.

"This wasn't ever about winning or losing," Akash replied and got off the bike. "Although winning does have merit. What do you think?" He winked and slapped Sameer's arm.

"But-"

"I am NOT backing out." He said, interrupting whatever Sameer was going to say next.

Sameer knew the conversation was over. Having been friends with Akash since Grade 3, he knew how to read his friend and this time, he heard the determined finality in Akash's voice.

"Akash?" A younger guy, dressed in a similar protective gear walked up to them.

"That's Dheeraj," Sameer shouted into Akash's ear.

"Ooohhh. The things are about to get real!" The emcee announced over the microphone, and the crowd cheered as the men shook hands.

"Heard you are the defending champion," Dheeraj said when they pulled their hands back.