Chapter 15

It took a while for her to realize what name I said. I assume I got it right because her eyes lit up like she was watching the fourth of July fireworks. “You know my name?” She said in more of a questioning way.

“Well I guessed, see you look like Annie but you remind me of Claire. Although I can tell you’re not Annie’s mother, well at least it doesn’t seem like that. You remind me of Claire because you look about her age. I also remember Annie saying Auntie Mariah, and I highly doubt she’d talk to her elders in a playful yet rude tone.”

“You are quite the observant one Beautiful.”

I tried not to blush at his compliment. His words makes my stomach flutter with excitement. “Didn’t I say we have to go back out.”

“Yes, yes you did. Lets go then. Mariah go to the others helping with the arrangements what they need to do while you’re gone.”

“Yes Alpha.” She says with a nod of the head with respect. “It’s nice to meet you Luna.” She says reaching out a hand toward me.

Smiling, I take it and give her hand a firm shake. “You make me feel very welcomed and I hope to see more lovely banners after we go shopping. I can take care of the backyard while you do so. That way you can see, kind of, what I did at the other pack house first hand.”

“Oh no, I couldn’t allow you to do that, that’s my job.”

“Not today, today your job is to surprise me with what your detailed hands can do with banners.” I decided, offhandedly, that I want to do the whole backyard, as a thank you to everyone, even if they haven't officially welcomed me yet. So I figured mentioning banners would get her out of the backyard.

“Well then looks like I won’t be going shopping with you, I’d need to get started on those right away. Alpha, Luna.” She says after letting go of my hand and rushing off.

“She looked so happy, as if I said she can have the day off.”

“Like mother, she loves designing things, especially those banners of hers.” Donovan said as we moved into the house. I took one more look at the backyard, as if getting a metal picture of it. Then we went shopping. 

We had to go a little out of the territory to get to this big store with lots to stuff to decorate with. I felt I was all over the place with wonderment, happiness, and in awe. Everything was bigger than I was used to and there were so many different things that would look great on anything. I just had to take pictures, or talk to the manager one.

“Donovan, do you have a camera?”

“No, why?”

“This place is worth pictures.” I said in awe, looks like I'll be talking to the manager.

He chuckled, “Would you like to meet the manager or owner?”

“Oh gosh yes.” I said, my eyes getting bigger as I turned to him. “That would be amazing, ‘cause this place,” I turn back to it, “is just amazing. I could use all of this in anything. Oh, there are just so many colors. All those blues and even your eye color.”

I was so caught up in the place, that I didn’t notice Diotanz holding my hand, leading me somewhere. When I look forward, I realize we’re heading towards the manager’s office. Once there he knocks on the door, and for a few minutes all I hear is shuffling then the door swings open revealing an older gentleman. To be honest, I wasn’t paying attention to his features, my mind was still reeling from the store but I could tell he was a shifter.

He stood there looking at me stunned a little bit before he clears his throat and finally speaks. “Uh...Hello how may I help you?” He ask, still not looking away from me. It’s like he think he has seen me before, but that's unlikely because this place is no where near that place.