Chapter 48

"So did you enjoy our date." I ask Eivanna as we drive away from the diner to head home.

Considering how late we stayed the rest of our date is put on hold. I take my eyes off the road to look at her and see her laughing. Quickly looking back, I squeeze her hand and say what.

"It wasn't much of a date with the challenge and all now was it?"

"Maybe not to other's, but if you enjoyed your time there then for us yes it was a date."

She hums while playing with the fingers of my hand that's holding hers before speaking. "Then I really enjoyed our first date Donovan. It was slightly perfect. I can't wait to see what we do for out second date." We look at each other and smile.

"Well it's a good thing thing I know what we're going to be doing then." I say smugly.

"Can I at least get a hint this time?" She just had to use the sweet voice.

'Oh, I feel the collar tightening.' Rom purrs at her tone.

'Don't give in Rom,' I think to him while saying to Eivanna, "You'll find out soon."

My words make her groan out loud and I laugh at her expense. Although not for long. I feel someone tying to mindlink Eivanna and I. I don't exactly know how I can feel that they want to link with her as well but I can. So pulling to the side of the road, we open our minds to whoever it is.

'Alpha, Luna, we have an emergency at the house, please get here quickly." A nervous Bryce, a thirty year old pack warrior, says.

Getting back on the road, I try to speed there. We are a good thirty minutes out though.

"Donovan, we need to try something else, slow down and place your left hand in the door as you drive with your right." Not questioning Beautiful, I do as she ask. "Now think about the pack, the house and or front yard." I think of home. "Now close your eyes and picture us there on then count to two." I slow my speed to fifteen miles per hour as she ask me if I am ready.

"One."

"Two." We count together.

Mentally on three, we open our eyes to where we want to be and actually make it. Everyone is standing in front of the house. I can feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up at their defensive stances. Looking through the back window, I notice why. We have unannounced and most likely unwelcomed visitors.

As if in a trance, Eivanna and I get out of the car. Without looking back I pass, well throw, the car keys to someone. I hear them catch the keys and get in the car. As Eivanna joins me at my side we stand in front of our pack as a strong front. My eyes scan over the crowd in front of us and I notice some of them, mostly the children, stand a bit stiffly as if scared. While the teens, half are scared and some look more tired. The adults have the defensive stance and some defiance type stances. We don't say anything to our guest until after the person who moved the car is back. Mostly wait to see if the rest of the people with them are going to show themselves, but seeing as our pack members are all outside, surrounding the house, they are still not going to come out.

"We would appreciate it if all of you would stand before us and not behind the tree line." Eivanna speaks first. Her voice cuts through the air very clear and with authority.

"Our pack will not attack if you do not attack, so be assured that you are safe." I speak up in the same fashion next.

"How can we be sure when they have already injured one of our own?" A woman comes from the back to say.

"Can I see your injured?" Eivanna counters with.

"Tain!" A man, a young man, limps over to her. "He is who was injured by your pack members."