Chapter 9

“I don’t think I’ll ever get used to that.” I said breathing heavily after our, what felt like hours, but couple of minutes kiss.

“I don’t want to. Kissing you is perfect.”

“Donovan, your kisses are my heaven.” I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist. He may be 6’5 but I’m glad my head can at least touch his chest at my 6 foot height.

“So are yours Beautiful, so are yours.”

“You love calling me that don’t you.” I ask looking up at him. Looking into those sparkling eyes.

“I only say what is the truth. If you are beautiful then that is going to be your name.” I don’t know why, but his words didn’t make my eyes feel up with happy tears.

“So..” I start, dropping my hands and backing away, “you’ve called other girls beautiful too. Here I was thinking you only used it for me.”

“No Eivanna, that is not what I meant at all. Yes there may be other women who are beautiful, but I have never called nor thought about calling them that nor telling them.” He lifted his hand as he stepped closer and tried to wipe at my fallen tear. I moved my head to the side.

He touched my chin, turning to look at him. “Do you believe me?” I couldn’t answer. I wanted to believe him, I did, but I couldn’t. I needed more than his words.

He grabbed my hands and led me to the suede red couch beside the mahogany desk. We sat down before he continued. “I will tell you a secret not even my parents know. People may think it’s not true, but it is. I’m still a virgin. The girls in this pack, even my closest friends, will tell you that I was focused on pack stuff, work, school and waiting for my mate. I’ve never once dated. I’ve never once kissed any girl. You were my first kiss. Ever.”

I was speechless, we had that in common but mines was for a reason. He’s an Alpha, girls are usually lined up at an Alpha’s, especially upcoming Alphas, door. That's how Damian found Ariel. Plus he looks at least in his twenties.

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t even know what to do. Well, I could do the only thing I knew he would understand. I pulled him to me and kissed him square on the lips. It wasn’t like our other two kisses. It was more heated but filled with truth and understanding. Almost filled with love.

I pulled back and breath out, “I believe you.” I knew he was telling the truth, I watched his facial expressions the whole time. You can tell if someones telling the truth just by looking, especially staring into their eyes. I saw nothing but raw, vulnerable truth within his.

Staring into his eyes this time, though, doesn’t make me want to melt and kiss the life out of him. Okay, well maybe I slightly want to melt, but I also want to know everything about him.

“Can I meet your parents?” I blurted and blushed.

He blinked, not in a surprising way, like he’s trying to clear his head. “I almost forgot we’re having dinner with them tonight. In the car you said you had to meet them. So you’ll be meeting the pack tomorrow and my parents tonight, even though you already met my mom.”

“Okay.” I say, looking away and not breathing as easily as before. I really do want to meet his parents, they created one hell of an offspring, but the idea is getting a little overwhelming now.

‘I’m meeting his parents. Okay, okay.’ I take deep breaths and let them out slowly. ‘I can do this. I just need….’

My head turns to Donovan so fast I feel I’ve given myself whiplash. I hold the side of my head and squeeze my eyes shut tightly before speak. “Okay ow.” Nobody ever told me it hurts if you do that. Well then again nobody ever talked to me.