Chapter 35

The next morning, after I put Eivanna to bed, well more likely she fell asleep crying and I carried her to bed. Anyway, when I woke up I noticed she wasn't there. I had a feeling I knew where she went, so I got ready for today and went to see how she's doing.

Standing outside their room, propped against the door frame, I stood. I stood watching as my beauty tells what happened to her during the time when she was younger, yet happy. I'm quessing it had to do with when they went on vacation.

"Alpha Briggs?" I heard my name being whispered and turned and saw Alpha Black down the hall. "Speak with me?"

I nod, looked back at my beauty, then left to follow Alpha Black. I should really learn his name. We aren't allies or anything, but well...I don't really have any allies but others consider me one. They understand that trust goes a long way. But for me just because we're allies and sign some paper, doesn't mean that they can turn their back on us later. I believe in affirmative action rather than words; whether on paper or not. I will hear people out and their opinions, but put those words into action and I'm all for signing an ally agreement. I'll make this one exception for Alpha Black though. It might be hard, but I'd have to lay ground rules.

When we made it to his office, I decided to speak on my thoughts. "I was wondering how many allies do you have?"

He looked shocked for a couple of minutes before answering. "I...uh...wow. You never ask....no allies." Was his words instead.

"I know but I feel you will make a good ally or asset."

"There are others who would make better allies." He countered with.

"That maybe true but as I always say and those before me...'Affirmative action'"

"Speaks louder than words?" He guessed.

"Rather than words." I finished and he nods. "So don't say yes right away, I'd like for action to speak first." He nods again. "Okay, so why did you want to see me?"

"Oh yeah. I wanted to talk about the wreck. Comes to show it was more than an accident and that someone wants someone dead. Plus that note your mate found, something isn't right."

"I agree, yet we need to know who he is, so we have to let her go to him."

"Alone?" I just nod. "Aren't you going to be worried that the guy might...I don't know...kill her or something."

"Well everbody holds that wonder or burden right? Every mate, mother, even fathers are scared of what would happen. I'm not too worried to where it looks like it but I'm worried....about what would happen to him if he tries something."

"Well lets discuss plans for if that happens, shall we?" I nod and we call in our thirds and his beta. It took a while to finish going over points a and b but we also came up with other scenarios. We also agreed to let Eivanna go on her own and if she calls for help then we will help. Now I just have to tell her.

When I make it back to the room I chuckled at the sight. All three of them are asleep. 'I guess she talked all of them to sleep." I thought with another chuckle.

"Beautiful." I say after walking up to her and shaking her softly. She looked up at me with a smile then whispered hey while stretching like a cat.

"Come on, lets take a walk; I feel like I haven't seen you all day." Which is actualy true because, due to the planning, it took a while for us to finish. I woke up in the morning and now the sun is starting to set.

We just walk around the house into the backyard. Although, we did take our time. I sat down on a beach chair and pulled her into my lap. She laid her head on my chest as we watched the rest of the setting sun.