Chapter 5

I glanced over at the door. Yep, the devil himself is there. Why did it have to be one of them. If he wasn’t an Alpha, I’d very nicely tell him to leave. Probably. 

I slowly sit up and blink several times. Why him?

“Y-y-ye-yess,” I swallow “Alpha?”

‘Keep it up Beautiful Eivanna, you’re doing lovely. Who knew you were an actress? Well I did but you know what I meant.’ I wanted to laugh, but I couldn’t. Not while he was here.

“I thought you would be asleep by now.” He says outside the open door.

‘Haha, can’t take the silver bitch.’ Ari laughed at him.

 "I was about to.” I say slowly.

 He nods then speaks, “I….This is the only time you will hear this.” He changed his words and said. “I am sorry you have to reject your mate Eivanna. I honestly don’t know what was going through my son’s head when he said those words. He doesn’t realize that something bad could happen to us. Alpha Briggs may force you to go with him or you may even die from the rejection. Either way, Alpha Briggs might cause a war. Either way, the solutions aren't pleasant in my book.”

 Okay, I’m not tired anymore only confused. Why is it not good? I decided to voice my thought. “Alpha….” I stopped, cleared my throat and started again. “Richard, if I may ask, Why would me dying be bad in your book?”

 He stood there for quite sometime before he decided what he was going to do. He decision was to walk into the room. His scent was getting stronger. He lifted his hand and touched my face. Instantly, I felt a ghost of sparks tickle my face.

 I jumped up and back. Within seconds I was by my makeshift dresser. ‘What the hell just happened?’ Ari said to me but I said out loud.

 Richard sighed and walked back to the door. With his back to me, he spoke. “From the moment you were born, I knew you were my mate. My second chance. And I knew instantly that I could not have you. I had already mated with Diana and we had Damian a year before you arrived. I couldn’t ruin the empire I’ve built, but I couldn’t stay away. So I decided to make you the Omega and made sure not to touch you.

 “I had forgotten about a really old saying. If a father, Alpha, does not choose his mate, then there is a chance his offspring will be mated to his. When Damian told me you were his mate, I instantly told him to reject you. Well more like my wolf ordered him. He thought it was because you are the Omega. No one knows the truth.”

 He turns to face me. “The reason why I am sorry you have to reject your second mate is because he is your last mate. There are no more mates out there for you. To be honest, I want you to be happy, just not with my son under my empire. I guess he thought differently and rushed his decision as I did. I didn’t accept you and I didn’t want my son too either. But someone else, I think I can be okay with that.”

 He was about to say more. “Stop.” But I didn’t want to hear it. “Leave.” He nodded, closed the door and was gone.

 ‘I was Alpha Richard’s second mate, but my true mate is Damian and second mate is Alpha Briggs. What the hell?’ My anger was rising and I didn’t know if I could stop it. Not only was it my anger, but also Ari’s.

 ‘He could’ve just kept that information to himself. I could have gone my whole life without knowing that. I disgusted in him, Damian and mates’ period.’

 My anger depleted a little, “Well maybe not Alpha Briggs.’ Then it spiked.

“What the hell is wrong with these people?"