09 | Let the Battle Begin

KRIST FINISHED GIVING HIS orders to his brotherhood. He's seen that battle ground before, and he already knows how he can utilize it for their advantage.

     Jokers wasn't expecting a battle this early, but he wasn't going to shame his brotherhood by declining it. He was the leader, and leaders are the only member who makes the decision of either accepting the invitation or declining it. Of course, in this case, declining is not an option. They might be the lowest brotherhood in their house, but they still have the title of barons, which means they're a strong brotherhood.

     "Your card please." A white uniform who's standing behind a counter asks when Krist placed the gun he chose on top of the same counter.

     Krist picked his weapon. It was an S&W shield gun that has 8 rounds of 9mm bullets in its magazine. It's usually not the gun he uses, but he doesn't want to exceed his round limit. In an entire school year, each member who has a gun permit can only exceed 50 bullets. After that, they're not allowed to use guns anymore. That's why Krist has to be stingy, especially when there are only two members in Jokers who has a permit, and that includes him.

     "Here." He says as he hands out his student card.

     The white uniform scans the card on his computer, showing Krist's data and permits. The Jokers's leader has an accuracy of 90.7%. That gives him the ability to use the gun.

     "Alright baron, any more weapons in mind?" The white uniform asks, making Krist sigh. Even with all these precautionary measures, every brotherhood knows that damage has to be done in order to win a battle. Actually, this whole set of rules are only for formalities. Because even with all the precautions, nothing about this is safe, and their parents know that. Sometimes other brotherhood members would even come home covered in blood and bruises, and their father's first question would be, "Did you win?" instead of "Are you okay?"

     In the outside world, the families talk about their children's success inside their respective Houses. Their success inside the school means their family's success outside. That is why a lot of students strive for nothing but success so they could please their families.

    "Mj, everyone's ready." A member of Jokers says as he approaches Krist who was getting ready himself.

     Thassapon Supachai, better known as Brave, is Krist's right-hand-man, and the only other senior in their brotherhood who has a gun permit. Like Krist, he knows the danger of this battle, but bringing glory is more important than their safety.

     "Here." Brave hands Krist his clown mask, and Krist takes it from him.

     While Krist is wearing his clown mask, Brave says, "Viktor is seriously an ass. He wants to embarrass us in front of all the House leaders because he knows he can take us. And seriously? The glass maze? When the blueprint was submitted to us last month I already had a hunch that it was there's. But to use it on the first day? That fucker's insane!"

     Krist finishes putting his mask on when he answered him, "Our chances of winning are slim, I know that. Even BND can't win against them. But losing isn't something to be embarrassed about. As long as we get to showcase our skills then it's a win-win."

     Brave was about to say something, but someone starts clapping behind them. Krist clenches his fist in anger when he saw who the culprit was. Brave then turns around to check who it was too, and what he saw instantly made him frown.

     "What fine words Master Joker. I didn't know that a character like yourself would have such wisdom." Viktor - Busters's leader - says with a creepy smile when he approaches Krist.