11 | Brotherhood Association

BROTHERHOOD ASSOCIATION, THE ASSOCIATION that was founded by Janus Sinclaire, alongside his twin sister, Janet Sinclaire. The association's role is to manage and handle all the brotherhood houses. They create and finalize the rules, they maintain the system, and they make sure that all members of the brotherhoods follow their oaths.

Each officer of the association is also the president of each house.

     "The challenge of everyone reaching the top kept my students eager to improve

     "The challenge of everyone reaching the top kept my students eager to improve. Everyone thinks they're the king of the jungle, so no one wants to be at the bottom of the food chain. That kept the system going." Janus explains to Max.

     "Then here's the next question. Why did you want to enroll me here? There has to be another reason." Max asks, and this time, his atmosphere around Janus changes, and he becomes serious for the first time.

     "When I met up with you a few months ago, I told you about Crème de la crème, and I also mentioned that an heir in that group rules J.S High. I'm sure by now you know who he is." Janus says to his nephew, and Max clenches his fist and answers, "Viktor Stepanov."

     Janus nods his head and walks closer to Max, "In Crème de la crème, how high do you rank?"

     Max touches his left shoulder where the mark of a Fleur De Lis is hidden. He was five years old when he was branded by it. The mark was painful to the point where Max almost wished he could just rip his arm off. At that time he wasn't allowed to cry since both of his parents received the same mark. All he did was bite down on his lower lip until it bled.

     "I was second," Max reveals.

     "Was second. But what are you now?"

     "Rank 1."

     "And why did that happen?"

     "Do you want me to spell it out for you? The only reason why my rank changed is because Viktor fucking died. But it seems like that isn't the case anymore is it?" Max answers in irritation, and Janus walks back to his desk.

     "Crème de la crème holds the future of the business world. Those heirs are expected to rule after their parents. And after that their sons and daughters will be part of that group again, and the cycle will continue. It's almost like a system." Janus explains. He then gestures at the Newton's cradle so that Max's attention could shift there. "Just like this cradle. Observe the metal ball. Both ends move one at a time. It's as if they're taking turns."

     Max watches the cradle in fascination. And while Max's eyes were fixed on it, Janus takes out a card and puts it in between the metal balls, making the device stop.

     Max looks at Janus who showed him the card that he was holding, "Everything moves like a system. If a ball breaks, it can be replaced with another. Viktor is like this card. He will stop the system the moment he reveals to the world that he's alive."