47 | Picking Roses

THE NEXT DAY, THE rooftop was dead silent to the point where you could hear the birds chirping from the distance. Surprisingly enough, the reason for such silence is not because no one's there. In fact, there are actually fifteen of them standing right on top of it.

     "Are we seriously going to stand here all day?" Max finally asks as he looks at the two groups in front of him while Ari, BND's underling, and Ervin, Jokers's underling, stood on both of his sides, while Felix had to stay for their classes - which he hated.

     Krist was casually leaning on the edge of the rooftop. With a smirk on his face, he looks at Hans and tells him, "What's with the long face duke? Shouldn't you at least be thanking us for our generosity?"

     Hans curses under his breath and angrily looks at the baron. "I'm gonna fucking kill this clown someday. I swear it," Hans says with complete anger.

     The reason for such anger is because, for some reason, the garden was suddenly engulfed by an unbelievably foul smell that BND was forced to change locations for Max's training. And on perfect timing, Krist offered their base for the second time, and at that time, Hans couldn't refuse anymore since the cleaners couldn't locate where the smell is coming from, so the garden had to be closed down for a while.

     "Okay, enough of this staring contest," Marcus finally says, taking a step and looking at everyone present.

     "I know the situation at the garden was unexpected...even though we know that you guys did it...but we are here now. Mr. Brains and Brawn is already on October 6, and we still haven't trained Max. As the people who chose Max to represent our house, we should at least be responsible enough in making sure we don't shortchange him," Marcus explains, and finally, the members of BND loosen up.

     Hans, even though he hated it, takes a deep breath and looks at Krist before bowing like a real gentleman. "Thank you for letting us use your base to train Max."

     Krist instantly smirks after hearing the Duke's submission. "That's the only thing I needed to hear," he says before walking back to the benches so he could play with his phone. "Do whatever you want, just don't break our little toy."

     Jokers did the same and went on with their own business.

     "Good luck Max!" Rome cheers before joining his brothers who were already playing around at the mini basketball court on their rooftop. Even Ervin joined them.

     Finally, BND stands in line in front of Max. Even though Red is still recovering from the explosion, BND will still make sure that they'll give their one hundred percent to train him.

     "Sorry for the delay. I know you're excited about the training, but before we do that, we'll be assessing you so that we'll know how good you are. Like what I said on our first meeting, our fifteen Roses are here to help assist you," Hans says before gesturing at Ari.

     "And how is that going to play out?" Max asks, and instead of answering him, two of the members of BND approaches Ari and start putting stickers on him. One on his back, on his chest, on his left hand, and on his right leg.

     "These are targets. Within thirty minutes, you have to successfully hunt all of our Roses. They are scattered around J.S High, so you have to look carefully in order to win it. You only have to shoot at least one of the targets placed in their body to successfully pick that rose. Easy as that," Hans further explains, surprising Max.

     "Easy as that? You're only giving me thirty minutes and you expect me to hunt all of them?" Max asks back, unsure if he'll be able to successfully accomplish the task that's given to him.