74 | Duties

"WE HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT you head home for the day. I can recommend you a psychologist if you are willing to talk to someone," the school's psychiatrist tells Max right after Max drank the medicine that she gave him.

     Max finishes his glass of water before gently placing it down on the side table. Thanks to Gavriil, Max was able to calm down after what happened to him. The psychiatrist tells him that Max must have experienced an episode due to the emotional stress he's been experiencing for the past weeks, so talking to a psychologist can greatly help him.

     "Thank you, doctor. I'll definitely consider it," Max answers. "But I'm fine. I think it would be best if I busy myself here than head home."

     "Are you sure?"

     "Yes," Max firmly answers.

     "Alright, but if something happens again, I'll have to forcefully call your guardian to take you home. Is that a deal?" the doctor asks, and Max nods his head as an answer.

     "Rest for now. You can head out as soon as you feel better," the doctor says before leaving the room.

     Max takes a deep breath and lies down before massaging his temple. He couldn't believe that he actually just lost his composure in front of everyone at the Keep. But he actually wasn't expecting that to happen to him either so it was more of a shock to him than those who actually witnessed it.

     "I seriously am like my mother now," Max whispers to himself before remembering the words that Gavriil just told him earlier when he carried him all the way here. He remembered the advice he gave him, and how he shouldn't be afraid to turn into a monster for the right reasons. The advice helped him in a way, but what bothered him more was the fact that Gavriil met his mother.

     Max wondered about it, but someone suddenly knocks on the door, and before Max could even answer, the door opens, revealing the man that Max was just thinking of a second ago.

     "Hey," he casually says before closing the door behind him. "It seems like the clinic is slowly turning into our secret meeting place," he then jokes, but Max completely ignores him, looking away and turning his body to the side like a stubborn kid.

     Gavriil sighs and walks closer to Max. "Are you heading home now? Did the doctor call for your butler?" He asks.

     "No," Max finally answers.

     "I expected much," Gavriil says back before walking towards the door and standing right in front of it like he was guarding it.

     Max sees what he's doing and finally sits up to directly look at him with furrowed brows. "What the hell are you doing?"

     "Preventing you from leaving," Gavriil answers.

     "Leaving? Why on earth would I even-" before Max could even finish his sentence, siren sounds were suddenly heard throughout the campus, making Max's eyes widen from shock.

     "What's going on?" Max asks, and Gavriil removes his peak cap and brushes his hair back with his fingers before looking back at Max with a serious expression. "I know that you have your own duties to fulfill, same goes to your protectors, but I have to fulfill my own duties too, and that's to make sure you don't leave this room so the Dukes and the Barons can fulfill theirs," Gavriil answers, surprising Max even more.

     "Jokers and BND pulled their banners? But why? I haven't told them to..." Max instantly pauses like he realized something. "No...they pulled Cigarettes' banner because of the article, didn't they? They're doing it for me. They think Cj has something to do with that article."