36 | Lemieux Corp.

MARCUS LOOKS AT MAX with a serious expression before laughing. He then grabs a spoonful of Mac n' cheese and takes a large bite of it before saying, "You want to conquer BND?" he asks with his mouth full, making Max look at him with disgust.

     "Why? No rule states that I have to follow the order of the brotherhood ranks. And besides, you're already a Duke. Can't you just give me merit points?" Max asks, and Marcus immediately shakes his head to disagree with the idea.

     "Nope, not gonna happen. I need my leader's permission in order to do that," Marcus says while wiping his mouth.

     "Then ask your leader."

     "That's not gonna happen either," Marcus answers before taking a sip of his coffee.

     Max stares at him with his brows furrowed. After replenishing himself, Marcus looks back at Max and continues, "Hans doesn't like you."

     "Master, I have urgent news," Étienne suddenly butts in, making Max unable to ask his brother a question after hearing what he just said about him and their leader.

     Étienne, who was holding onto his tablet, looks at Max and tells him, "Your father's secretary just called. He said he wants you to attend the board meeting at 10."

     "What? Why all of a sudden?" Max asks in surprise, looking at his watch and seeing that it was almost 9:30 AM.

     Étienne shows Max what's on the screen of his tablet. Max's eyes widen for a quick second, but he sighs right after and massages his temple in frustration. "That old man is seriously a pain."

     Max looks back at Marcus, and he didn't even have to tell him anything. Marcus nods his head in complete understanding, giving Max permission to leave. Even though he was younger than him, Marcus understands the responsibilities that Max has with their company.

     "I apologize for suddenly leaving. I'll pay for the meal," Max says, gesturing at the food that he and Étienne barely touched.

     Marcus, who still continued eating, nods his head and gives his brother an okay sign as Max and Étienne stand from their seats. After saying their goodbyes, Max went to the counter and placed a thousand-dollar bill on top of it, surprising the owner of the diner.

     "You got a smaller bill son? It's still too early and I don't have change for that," she tells him.

     "Then I'll pay for everyone else who's eating," Max says, surprising everyone in the diner. And before the owner could even react, Max was already out of the door, his butler following right behind him.

     As soon as the door closes, the woman stares at the bill before looking back at Marcus, "Hey Marcus, who was that?"

    Marcus chuckles and takes another sip of his coffee as everyone looks at his way as well, curious about the identity of the stranger. "Just a friend," Marcus answers with a smile.

     "Well, you better bring that friend of yours more often," the woman says, making Marcus laugh. "Alright everyone, got any more orders? I got a thousand-dollar bill here and I am not afraid to use it!"

...

"Good morning sir Maximilian." The employees, who were perfectly aligned in front of the entrance, greets in the exact moment Max stepped out of the car. Étienne closes the door for him, and both of them walk inside as employees continue to bow to the young heir.

     Welcome to Sinclaire Corporation, a French hotel, and casino company based in London. Like J.S High, they also have rankings here that are far more gruesome than what's in school because there's nothing more terrifying than facing adults who act like children. Everyone here craves power, and they will do everything they can to achieve it.