24 | First Target

THE BROTHERHOOD PRESENTATION WAS over. Everyone did a great job, but after Viktor's announcement, everyone only talked about it and forgot about the other brotherhoods entirely.

     "Imagine getting picked as an underling for the Royals. Just IMAGINE the power those guys will hold," Felix tells Ari and Max.

     "This only made the freshmen students work even harder. Viktor didn't give an actual criterion, but it's obvious that the ones who make a name for themselves will have a bigger chance of getting chosen," Ari explains.

     Max then looks at Cindy and asks her, "How about you Cindy? How did you choose your underlings?"

     Cindy takes a sip of her wine before giving Max an answer. "We were more organized than the brotherhoods. When I started studying in J.S High's sister school, I didn't make a sisterhood of my own. Vixens was already created then, and they were the Duchess at that time. I became their underling during my freshmen year. The following year I became a member, and lucky for us, we won and became queens. In my third year, the leader graduated and the title was passed down to me, and that's when I decided to take ten of our greatest underlings and made them form a sisterhood of their own, which later on became the princesses. It's that simple."

     "Then why did you decide to form another sisterhood? Unlike Busters, Vixens aren't all seniors. There will still be members left even if you graduate. You could have just trained them to be members of Vixens instead of making an entirely new group for them," Ari's guest asks, surprising Max that he's also knowledgeable about the system.

     "He's an alumnus," Ari immediately answers when he noticed Max's reaction.

     "For my case, it's a very personal reason. The only thing I can say is that trust is a fragile thing, and Vixens isn't the sisterhood that I used to know anymore," Cindy answers, and the sad expression she made was enough for Max and the others to not say anything further.

     "Well, at least we know Viktor is doing it because they're all graduating. He might not want anyone else to take the name Busters. He probably wants to leave some kind of legacy behind," Ari says.

     Max looks at his friends before looking back at the students who were all happily talking with their guests, "But you know what I'm worried about the most?" he asks without looking back at them.

     Cindy and the others don't say anything and waited for Max to proceed. When Max looked back at them, he takes a deep breath and says, "Those guys are going to be trained and will act as a brotherhood, but they're basically still underlings."

      "So?" Felix asks in confusion.

     Max looks at them with a serious expression and explains further, "They're white uniforms, and what do white uniforms do to those who are ranked lower than them?"

     Their table becomes silent, but after a second, everything sinks in, and their eyes grew large from realization.

     "The White Uniform Protection Code won't work on them. They have the power to do anything they want to the students."

     "Ladies and gentlemen, let us once again welcome the outstanding brotherhoods of J.S High!" A voice suddenly announces, interrupting the important discovery that Max and the others were discussing.

     One by one the brotherhoods arrive, now wearing formal clothes as they wave to the crowd like they're celebrities. Even Jokers was with them now even though they didn't present anything.