36.5

I leaned back in my chair. I enjoyed the feeling of the hospital being practically deserted. Hardly anyone would he here this late. Even with the staff.

I reached for my bag lazily started filling it with papers i would work on at home.

I smoothed each one over, removing any creases.

I stretched, my hair falling in my face as i did so.

It could do with cutting. Maybe id do that sometimes.

The rest of the people in the room had gone home so i had to lock up. Like every night.

I took my bag and left the office, the White corridor was empty and spotless.

The patient that staggered in bloody earlier was nowhere to be seen, and no trials of blood from where he had dragged himself across the floor. No spatter on the wall where he had hit his head.

Just gone.

Probably some person high on something

You really do see the lows of society here.

I walked through the corridors to the side stairs.

The reception was quiet for once. Only 5 people were dotted about. An old man in his late 50s was muttering to himself.

While a mother cradling her child in her arms, with something i imagined must be love and care.

Its been so long since i felt something similar.

The child was about 4 and looked helpless. Maybe he would die soon. He had the look in his eyes of someone who would, but i don't exactly care. A short boy, clearly trying to disguise himself stood speaking to the receptionist

"I can't really hear you sir" she smiled to him.

Probably someone trying to get drugs, pulling a fit for some pain killers, it's about 10 anyway so it makes sense.

"Oh sorry" he laughed awkwardly a smile in his voice.

I stopped. The boy was far behind me but i could still hear him talking.

It was though a bell was ringing, a tiny high pitched one, that rang about my head.

Him.

It's him.

My face broke into a smile. A broad grin that i couldn't help.

I turned back a bit to see him slightly,

Untied shoes,

The hair in his eyes 

And the tiny metal shark on his bag.

Joy welling up in my chest.

It's good to see him again.

His voice travelled over in the silence.

But i was leaving already,

"-name?" The lady questioned.

"Jang Jisung"