| NINETEEN

THIRD PERSON'S POV

(Back to shiganshina district arc)

The Survey Corps walk within a forest near dawn on their way to the Shiganshina District. Thanks to the darkness, they are able to evade the Titans that move under the moonlight. Eren thinks on the responsibility that he has on his shoulders, because if he succeeds in the operation, humanity will regain their hope on living. But, if he fails, everyone's hopes are doomed. He finds that he is afraid and shaking at these thoughts, but after talking to Armin about how his book gave him the desire to see the outside world, he regains his confidence. They soon reach Shiganshina and quickly switch to vertical maneuvering equipment before flying towards the Wall as the sun is starting to rise. Knowing that their enemies are aware of their intentions to use Eren to plug the hole and find Grisha's basement.

Erwin orders 100 Survey Corps soldiers to fly around the hole with their faces hidden in order to confuse their enemies. As Eren looks nostalgically at the ruins of his hometown, Armin finds the remains of a camp fire and warns the commander that Reiner and Bertolt are nearby. While Hange notices that there are strangely few Titans around, Levi presumes that they are playing into the enemies' hands, but they choose to continue the operation.

As Eren jumps above the hole in Wall Maria, Bertolt and Reiner await in unknown locations for the attack to begin. Y/n starts looking somewhere a far the wall. She sense something suspicious.

Eren succeeds in sealing the hole in Wall Maria with his Titan powers, but it seems everything was too easy. Levi reminds him that their enemies can breach the Wall again at any time, so until they find and kill them, the mission is not over.

Armin finds traces of a campsite and three empty mugs of some black liquid similar to tea nearby not long ago, and Erwin leaves him in charge of the Survey Corps to direct their search mission. Under Armin's orders, the Survey Corps search all over the district until Armin eventually leads them to search inside the Walls, thinking that it may be their most plausible hideout.

Armin's hunch is correct and they find Reiner, "REINER!"  who quickly kills the soldier who located the hollow spot within the Wall where he hid.

Levi attacks and cuts Reiner's nape and chest, but fails to kill him and the latter transforms into the Armored Titan, though still laying on the ground and appearing to be fazed by his injuries.

"This idiots wanna play hide and seek?" Y/n laughed.

The Beast Titan then appears leading an army of Titans.
Y/n knew that something would be there. "That fucking monkey.."

It launches a rock aimed at the inner gate of Shiganshina, blocking the only entrance and trapping the Survey Corps inside the district without their horses.

"Shit.. " y/n exclaimed.

"He missed...?"a  fellow soldier asked.

"No.. he just did a perfect aim.." erwin said.

As the Beast Titan and his forces begin their attack, the Survey Corps finds itself trapped atop Wall Maria with no way to retreat. Amid the chaos, it is revealed that Reiner and Bertolt may not be the only intelligent Titans among the Beast Titan's army, and the Corps is backed into a corner by the Beast Titan's attack strategy. While Reiner targets the Corps' horses in an attempt to take away their only means of retreat, Erwin devises a plan to save the Corps from the Beast Titan's strategy by using Eren as bait to force their enemies to choose to either pursue and attempt to capture Eren, or risk losing their only chance to capture him in favor of massacring the Survey Corps. Taking the bait, Reiner pursues Eren, and the two engage each other in the middle of Shiganshina District. As Eren releases all of his frustrations upon Reiner, the soldiers of the Survey Corps prepare to join in the battle with their new and improved weapons.