Chapter-3 |•|

Without him

Situ's POV:

After dumping the interview, we four went for racing, it's one of my best way to forget about my cruel fate. He used to go on a race with me all but always used loose. As I am Pro in racing, I defeated Arjun and Vikram easily. Then we visited the orphanage, I bought many gifts for children over there and played with them. He always used to tell that playing with children helps us in forgetting our pain and he loves children a lot. In fact, he is the one who made us visit orphanages every week.

At night I went back home. My grandfather was glaring at Vikram and Arjun as he feel they always spoil me. Once boys went away after dropping me, everyone turned to me excepting good news regarding the interview.

"Today it's the first round, if I get selected they will call me for the second round" I lied. They smiled at each other. With guilt for lying to them, I went to my room and took a nap. I heard sounds from the living area. I went down the stairs found everyone grinning at each other.

"What happened?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Tomorrow groom's family is coming to meet Sisira, everything is fixed 90%, this is just an official meet," said grandma excitingly.

"Congratulations siru akka" I shouted jumping on her. Seeing me all my other cousins hugged her tightly. After having dinner I went back to my room.

I sat on the balcony with his thought. Tears were flowing down my eyes.

"Are you hearing to me like you used to hear me out every time? Sisira akka is getting married. Everyone is happy but me? Yeah, am even am happy for her but what about the happiness I dreamt with you? Love you Raj" I said looking at the stars where he is residing for 2 years leaving me alone.

I recorded my day on the recorder and kept it back in the closet. This is the only way I speak to him. I know he is listening to me, looking at me, crying his heart out for not being with me. I can feel him.

I laid on laid drenching my pillow with my tears and dozed off at 3:00.

Next day,

My slumber was disturbed by a phone call.

"Hello," I said in a sleepy voice without looking at I'd. Listening to the person from another side. I woke up with a jerk. I immediately checked flights for Mumbai. Thankfully it's at 7:30 and I booked it. I rushed to the bathroom and did my morning business. I wore black jeans paired with a light grey shirt and shrug over them. Adjusting the cap on my head, I covered my eyes with goggles. I left my hair in the open and ran down the stairs.

"Am leaving on an important work, you guys have breakfast today" I said to mom while she was serving tea to my grandparents

"Great!! Isn't it amazing to hear that the person who sits idle all the day is going on some important work" taunted my grandfather. I smiled sadly at him.