Chapter-8

HAUNTING MEMORIES

Situ's POV:

I was sleeping on my bed clutching my duvet to me tightly hiding under it. I felt dip on bed beside me. I know it's him.

"Am sorry" he whispered trying to remove my duvet. I clutched more tightly moving away from him.

"Am sorry pumpkin, please don't be mad at me" he pleaded hugging me by my waist. I neither removed his hands off me nor hugged him.

"Speak something, Taara. Your silence is killing me" he begged me. Still I remained silent.

"Fine!! Don't talk to me!! I am going" he said and left my waist. I didn't turn to him still.

"Am seriously going away, Taara. Far, very far" he yelled. I ignored him. I heard his fading away footsteps. I removed my blanket off me and ran behind him. He was about open the door and move out, I hugged him from behind.

He held my hands which are around his torso and turned to me without breaking the hug.

"Don't go" I whispered.

"You are marrying someone, I need to go" he whispered as tears were flowing down his eyes.

"No please don't leave me, Raj. Am sorry, I was left with no choice. But am ready to leave everything, let's run away. Take me away" I cried hugging him tightly.

"We are not fated together, Taara. Be happy with your husband. I'll be watching you from heaven. Don't mourn over my death" he cried trying to break the hug.

"What are you speaking, Raj? Heaven? Death? You are scaring me with those words" I shouted at him with fear.

"I love you, Taara. I know you love me too but move on. Marry your fiance. It might be hard for you but accept your fate" he said and kissed my forehead. Tears started flowing down his eyes as his expressions turned into painful.

"It's hurting me, Taara. It's fucking hurting me to give you away to someone and me, watching everything helplessly. I couldn't withstand even if someone look at you but today my fate made me realize that I've to let you go. Am a failure. I couldn't stand for you, for us, for our love" he cried and broke the hug.

"Be happy, Taara. Lead a happy marriage life with your husband, inlaws. I am happy only when you are. So, don't ever cry. Give a chance to your husband and your marriage. I don't want to see tears in your eyes. Never cry, okay!! Every thing happens for our own good. Don't mourn over me, your dead boyfriend, Viraj Sehgal" he said taking back steps as his hands, legs everything are fading away slowly.

"Viraj please don't go away. I love you. I can't give your place to someone. It's only your place. Take away with you, Raj. Please don't leave me. I can't live without you" I screamed crying.

He was smiling with tears. Blood was oozing out his nose, ears, mouth. His forehead was bleeding. His shirt is drenched in blood with many bullet peirced holes.

"Be happy, Taara. Get married. Don't wait or cry for me. I will be watching you from heaven. Never let that beautiful smile drop from your face. Bye, Pumpkin" he said smiling whilst tears flowing down and his body slowly turned into thin air.

"Viraj!!" I screamed running behind his fading body and try to touch him but couldn't.

"Raj!!" I screamed falling on my knees.

Raj!! I yelled opening my eyes. I found myself in pool of his photographs.

"Why did you leave me? I love you. Come back. Please I won't stop talking you if I get angry, I won't throw tantrums to take medicines if I get fever, I won't fight with boys and get you in trouble" I screamed crying slapping the floor with my palms.