The Fairy King Waits In Vain

[Artist- yuka_sai0127 on twitter and again this well be a short story today]

~10 years ago~

"Y/n!" The female turn her head to look at the person who called out her name only to see little meliodas running to her with his stuffed dragon in his arms being hugged against his chest.

"Hey Mel why are you here? You're supposed to be with your sisters" she bend down as meliodas stopped in front of her with a smile on his face "I wanted to see you before you leave" he said softly.

Y/n smiled and stroke his head "that's nice of you mel but I'll be back before you knew it" meliodas smiled and jumped in her arms then he give a soft kiss on her cheek "I'll miss you y/n" he buried his face into her shoulder.

"I'll miss you too mel I'll always keep thinking about you" she give his head a kiss as she give him a gentle hug "alright I better go" she gently let him go and put him down.

"Bye y/n I'll miss you!" Meliodas wave bye to the hair (color) female who wave back "Bye mel I'll come back as soon as I can"

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Y/n was in the carriage with few gaurds but she was looking at the short orange hair male that she could see sadness and guilt in his eyes.

"Why don't you tell them the truth? The Fairy who did it is dead right? At this rate, you could be considered guilty." She asked the Fairy King.

"What do you mean? For 500 years...I did not realize that my friend had suffered. I forgot that my sister was waiting for me in the forest." He began to tear up of the guilt he is feeling and the regrets he has done "my promises with people that are precious to me...I violated it" tears begans to run down from his eyes "damn..." he sniff as he lower his head down a little "I am a despicable king."

"Don't tell me you Fairy king?" King lowered his head more "I thought the king was just rubbish who likes to do anything and kill whoever they hate." King lift his head up and looked at y/n who give him the sweetest smile that he ever seen "apparently there is still a king like you, yes." She said softly

"The king who wants to cry for someone. You are a good king." Those words made King's heart be filled with warmth but that day king well never forget the words that made King keep going and made him happy that someone like y/n sees him as a good king.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛ ♛┈⛧┈┈•༶

Arthur Pendragon and Hendrickson were in a heated stand off, "Come on Lord Hendrickson! Why don't you and I settle our differences here and now?"

"You're a rather brave King Arthur Pendragon. I can say that much for you."

"We're in a battle now, don't get lost in thought!" Arthur launched himself at Hendrickson and attacked but Hendrickson countered defended against them easily.

"Get serious. Show me the power only worthy of a true king!" Hendrickson sent Arthur flying into a boulder.

"That really hurt... but I'm not done!" Arthur get himself up but Hendrickson appear in front him then sent another hit at Arthur causing him to cough up a bit of blood.

"Are you planning to hold out against me until you're dead?"

"Why don't you try a little harder to draw it out of me." He said cheekily with a smile on his face as he rubbed his head behind.

"If that's what you wish."

Hendrickson's sword was engulfed in black flames having Arthur eyes to widened "black...flames..."

"Now die! Hellblaze Scream!"

Hendrickson sent the flames at Arthur but were reflected back at him having his eyes to widened in shock as the flames send him skidding backwards "he was able to repel my attack?"

"Well looks like you've got more powerful than the last time I saw you."

"I know that voices... could it be?"

"Yeah it's me alright" the smoke began to clear away revealing y/n in front of Arthur with meli's sword in her hand as she had a serious expression but there was anger in her eyes.

"And I'm not gonna leave without meliodas!" She said with a serious tone with her eyes narrowed glaring towards Hendrickson.