In Pursuit Of First Love

[This will be a short chapter today and I will make the next chapter of you promised... someday this month and I'm gonna tell you this it gets kinda interesting but you guys can check out my new meliodas x reader book if you want anyway hope you'll enjoy this chapter]

Fireworks is heard in the distance as the kingdom is celebrating as ban and y/n is in the tavern, drinking ale as ban had a huge blush on his face showing how drunk he is as he kept drinking his ale as there is empty plates in front of them with bits of pieces of food that they have eaten.

Ban taken huge gulp of his drink and he laughed drunkily "here. Drink up, master" Ban said as he pour down the ale into Hawk and his bowl of scraps "easy. Your gonna make all my scraps taste like ale." Hawk whined as his bowl is beginning to be filled up with ale as ban began to drink again "ale-marinated pork sounds good." Y/n said as she grinned making Hawk shrieked.

Y/n snickered and taken sip of her drink as she had began to missed meliodas but she understood that he needed to go home for the day to spend time with his family as he smiled softly.

"Hey ban, how about we go ask king to join us?" She said to her best friend, who grinned "sure, I want to see how he drunk he gets hehe" Ban said as y/n and Ban stood up and goes outside as ban is walking is wobbly.

"King!" Y/n called out, King looked over at his Captain and Ban as y/n had her hand on her hip and give King a smile as ban is holding an empty bottle moving it around "share a drink with us" y/n said, smiling at him making King blushes softly.

"Come on down. Have some ale!" He wobbly turn as y/n dodge the empty bottle in bans hand.

"Still haven't mastered the art of moderation, huh?" King sighed as he flies down to his comrades and goes inside with them, sharing a drink.

~The Next Day~

"Wait for me, my darling scraps." Hawk said sleepily "I promise I'll partake of you with gusto." He fell off his bowl having his small body to roll the big bottle and fallen off the table, hitting kings forehead.

King shrieked in pain as he jolt up awake from the pain, he groans in pain his hands on his face while Hawk fallen off the tree and bounce off kings leg and fallen to the floor, sleepily saying "darling scraps."

King felt someone beside him having him to glance over then a huge blush is form on his face seeing y/n sleeping on his green fluffy pillow with blanket over her 'Captain's sleeping on my Chastiefol!' He said in his mind as he felt his cheeks heat up.

King could see ban asleep on the floor, snoring "aw, jeez" he sighed but he glance at y/n, he stared at her with soft eyes but before he could do his next move, a voice is heard.

"Good morning, sir King. Sleep well?" King glance to see meliodas holding bunch of empty bottles "would you like me to get you some water or anything?" Meliodas question.

"No, thanks. I'm just fine" King said softly as he given him a friendly smile. "Uh those bottles, are you cleaning up. By any chance?" He pointed them.

"Of course"

"Oh, come on. The Captain shouldn't make a prince do that." King sighed as he glance at y/n, whose peacefully sleeping on his Chastiefol. "No, it's all right. After all, there isn't much else I can do." Meliodas smiled.

"If I can help out lady y/n in any small way, I'm happy." Meliodas smiled towards at y/n as his heart warms up as he looks at y/n with love and happiness in his eyes.

"Lucky her." King mumbled out having meliodas to looked over at King "you said something Sir king?"

"Uh, nothing!" He panicked a bit as he place his hands on his hips "Captain, did you hear what Meliodas just said? Don't you think you should let her know, how much you appreciated him once in a whi-" he cut himself off as he glance at where y/n is sleeping, only to spot it empty

"Huh?"

"Thanks a bunch!" Y/n said as she's behind meliodas, groping his chest pecks and folding them making meliodas shrieks out embarrassed as a huge blush is form on his face as he immediately dropped the empty bottles having them shatter as king gasps.

"Meliodas, not a day goes by that I don't appreciate you." She said with a smug expression as she continued to grope meliodas chest having him to whimpered more as y/n then nibble his ear and kissed his neck on the side making meliodas face turn bright red, his face heating up of y/n affection.

"If you say so." He mumbled out as king had dumbfounded expression "Captain."

"Oh yeah. And what about you, king? Have you thanked her yet?" Y/n said, looking over at king as she continued to grope meliodas

"Huh?"

"After you passed out drunk, Diane never left your side, you know, stayed up with you all night long. But she did had me wanting to sleep comfortably, so she had us sleep on your Chastiefol together, hope that's okay"

King gets flashback of Diane helping King having him to blush as he told y/n, it was alright he slept on his chastiefol "really!? Is that true!?"

Y/n nodded "totally true." King began to float "where's Diane!? Hey, Diane!" He floats around, calling out to her.

Howzer open the tavern and came in "keep your voice down. If you're looking for her, she left early this morning."

"Uh, where'd she go?" King question.

"I'm not sure. Maybe she went to the city, she did say she'll be back by noon" meliodas said.

"Gotcha. I'm gonna go look for her, okay?" King began to head to the door but howzer spoke "don't do it." King stopped himself.

"Maybe she wants to be alone."

"Huh?" Meliodas and y/n said as y/n had her arms around meliodas waist and her chin, resting on his shoulder as meliodas had his hands gently place on her arms as they looked towards howzer.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, during that last battle, the townsfolk did and said some pretty awful things to her, you know. Sure, it was grand Master Dreyfus who incited them, but maybe living in the human world is itself a source of pain for Diane."

Howzer looked down with his hand resting on his neck on the side "To be honest, I don't really know how to comfort her." King inches closer to howzer.

"Eh?" Howzer looked over, seeing an annoyed and angry face of King, "howzer..." he trailed off.

"There's absolutely no need for you to comfort her. You can just leave all that to me, okay?" King said as he begans to fly away from the tavern and went to search for Diane.

"Huh!?" Howzer said "hey! Woah!" He shouts as he slip over the empty bottle having him to fallen down on ban, with tears in his eyes.

Meliodas sighed in relief, seeing King has feelings for Diane as he got worried there for second as he did saw King cuddling up to y/n having him become jealous.

"Why do you look so relief?" Y/n question having meliodas to yelp "um nothing it's just that...sir King seems to be very close with you when you guys were asleep.."

Y/n smirked "awww you jealous?" She said as she looked at meliodas who began to blushes deeply "w-what!? N-no!"

Y/n chuckled "you look adorable when you get jealous." She grinned toothly "Lady y/n!" Meliodas said embarrassed as y/n smiled and given his cheek a small peck making his face turn red again as his heart began to race as he felt very flustered.