The Dark Dreams Begins

Meliodas was watching the fireworks from outside the Boar Hat as he celebrated Liones' founding.

"What's going on meliodas?" Meliodas heard y/n voice.

"Lady y/n!" He turned around to look at her.

"Hey!" She gave meliodas a smile and she walked to meliodas right to watch the fireworks with meliodas who given her a loving smile and they turn to look at the fireworks in front of them.

"I was told that the people have been liberated and those suffering under forced labor are finally starting to return to their homes. Granted, it's going to take a long time to rebuild after all this, but the fact that we're celebrating Liones' founding festival at all is thanks to you and-" meliodas said to y/n.

"It's all thanks to you for bringing us together right?"

"This is it. It's finally over." Meliodas said with a soft smile.

"Not exactly. 'Cause my journey hasn't wrapped up just yet." Y/n had her hands behind her head and had a carefree smile on her face.

"Huh?" Meliodas questioned. Y/n only chuckled at meliodas and left to go inside the tavern. Meliodas looked at y/n with concern look as he wondered what she mean by that.

~Time Skip!~

It was early in the morning and meliodas had already eaten and changed into the tavern uniform and ran to the Boar Hat and open the door of the tavern and peered inside to see everyone drunk and asleep.

Meliodas smiled and closed the door and grabbed a broom and pail of water. Meliodas scrubbed the outside of the Boar Hat.

"Woah! Meliodas! Cleaning up this early? You're a breed apart from those other employees." Meliodas recognized the voice immediately.

"Oh! Hawk! Good morning!" Meliodas looked to his left but didn't see Hawk at all. "Hawk?"

"Over here! look down!" Meliodas looked down and saw a tiny Hawk near the pail of water.

"There you are. Sorry. Couldn't tell where you were." He squatted down to get a closer look at Hawk.

"Guess I'm not used to you being this size."

"Yeah, well, no pun intended, but it's a small price to pay for saving the kingdom and those scoundrels." Hawk said proudly.

"Besides, this size has some advantages. For one, my usual bowl of scraps feels ten times bigger, so it's not all bad."

"Still, you need to promise you'll never do anything that reckless again, all right?" Meliodas asked.

"That's up to those passed-out idiots in there." Hawk snorts.

"Yeah, but I'd still feel better if you never left my side, okay?"

"Okay!" Meliodas offered his hand to Hawk and he climbed on. He lifted him up close to his face.

"I've got a question."

"Hmm? What's up?"

"Do you know where lady y/n is heading next? Has she said?" Meliodas question.

"That, I don't know. Actually where is she now?"

"What?" Meliodas opened the tavern door and scanned its passed-out inhabitants and sure enough, not spotting y/n anywhere.

"You're right. She doesn't seem to be inside the tavern."

"Here I am." A muffled voice spoke. Meliodas looked down to see y/n hugging his waist and her face under his shirt. Meliodas squeaked in surprise and embarrassment as a deep blushes taken over his cheeks.