Rossi

Rossi was sceptical when he found out about Spencer's condition, Reid always pushes everyone to not call it a disease.

He didn't think he would do any good in the field if he leaves the world for a few minutes now and then.

On top of it came the constant rambling but shortly after his first case back with the BAU he had sworn himself to protect this kid the best he can.

It was his third case back and he had seen the kid faint a couple of times by now, the first time was surprising, they were at the conference room when Reid stopped talking and Morgan catched him by his waist, bringing him down and crawling him up into his arms. "Okay, we are sitting down, nothing happen." He watched the older agent calm himself down before checking the puls of the kid.

"Does this happen often?" Rossi had asked due his tensed up but not to worried coworkers.

"Yeah, he faints occasionally, sometimes he goes days being fine, sometimes he faints a couple of times in a day." Hotch explains.

"And he works here?"

"Yes, he is a valuable asset to the team. How long Morgan?"

"One minute." Morgan answered checking his watch.

"He normally stays unconscious between 30 seconds and 8 minutes but everything under 15 minutes is okay. After that, we call an ambulance."

"Did that happen before?"

"Twice."

"I still don't know how he could pass the academy."

"You will find out soon."

The moment he swore to himself he would protect him at all cost was when they were checking out a lead. They were standing in the small clothing store when Reid started grabbing his jacket as his knees buckled. "Here you go." Rossi instantly lost his cool on the inside, carefully holding the young Agent that now even more looks like a child. "Reid." He slightly touches his cheek. "Reid."

"Can I do something, Agent?"

"No, I was told he does that regularly."

"C'mon wake up." It took Reid one Minute before waking up and looking scared and distraught in the Agents eyes. "Hey it's okay nothing happened." And then he goes slack again, his head rolling against Rossi. "That is new." Five minutes out and the kid wakes up again, clinging with his left hand to Rossi's jacket, visibly scared. "You are gonna be alright."

"No, don't want to pa-" And passed out again. Now a little bit panicking he tries to remember what Hotch had told him about Reid's condition before picking up his phone and calling him.

"Did you get something?"

"No, Reid keeps passing out. It's the third time now. The first lasted two minutes the second five what do I do?"

"Be there for him. If you want to start ranting about how he is not fitting the job description, do it later. Just wait it out with him and remind him that fighting it will make it worse." Insecure Rossi looks down at the man who has his head laying in the crotch of Rossi's arm. "Do you want me to stay on the phone?"

"No, I've got this. After how many times do I have to call an ambulance?"

"If he is longer unconscious than 15 minutes without waking up in between."

"I'll call you when we are on our way back."

"Do that, be gentle with him." Hotch pressed before the oldest agents attention was fully back on Reid who took a couple more minutes before coming back to himself. Shaking while looking around the room.

"Alright, you are doing good. Do you remember what happened?"

"Passed out, again, gonna-" His hand again searches for the jacket but was meet by Rossi's hand instead.

"Its alright, you are gonna be fine."

"I am not." A tear rolls down his face before he passed out again and Rossi could do nothing but check his own watch counting the minutes. "I feel sick."

"That is gonna pass kiddo."

"I don't want to pass out again." Scared he looked his new coworker directly into the eyes.

"Don't fight it." There was really no advice he could give him except for the ones Hotch gave him. "I'll watch over you, nothing can happen." He passed out two more times before staying awake for long enough for Rossi to think it will be fine.

"Drink something."

"I am sorry I embarrassed you."

"You did not, it's okay." The face he made out of fear of passing out again was the one that now would always appear in his mind when they were signs he would faint again.

"Morgan is going to bring him to the hotel." Hotch explained as he watches the two of them walk out of the precinct. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel like I haven't slept in weeks. I don't even want to imagine how he feels."

"Normally after he passes out, surprisingly energetic."

"That was not energetic. He nearly fell asleep in the car."

"That he passes out this often is also not considered normal, even for him but he will be fine."

"I think I am to old for this. This kid is gonna give me a lot of heart attacks and grey hair. I can already feel them growing."