Haley

Haley really likes Spencer whenever she got to meet him it brightens her day immensely. And most importantly it brightens her day when Hotch tells her stories of him from work because these are usually the ones that are cheerful but over the time they turned into the sad ones, and slowly the storys she heard about the once so cheerful kid are the ones that break her heart the most.

Eventhough she doesn't see him often she feels like she was with him from the begin of disease hearing her husband make calls late at night in the kitchen while Jack is laying next to her sleeping.

What she would do if Jack ever got sick, she doesn't know.

"This is Aaron Hotchner, I am unit chief at the BAU with the FBI. I called about a Dr. Mason earlier-" She hears again. Reid just got home from the hospital and nothing was found but got other recommendations for other doctors and her husband tries to find someone who would start the process immediately. Always waving his title to fasten the process but so far not much. "Listen, this is important-" She looks at Jack again who moved in his sleep and thinks about how she met Spencer the first time.

"Mrs Hotchner I suppose?"

"You are right come in." It was at Hotch's birthday and he was still new on the team only working with them for three months. "It's nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"Just follow me." She led him through the house where the table was sat and JJ was already seated.

"Reid, I am happy you came." Aaron got up from the table but not making any intention of hugging or greeting him otherwise physically.

"I don't really get invited to birthday partys so-"

"Well you will learn." Her husband had pointed to a seat.

"I've got you this- I- I- didn't know if it was appropriate." He handed him his presents that turned out to be a book.

"Of course it is eventhough you didn't have to." Bright Hotch smiled at him. "Can I hug you?"

"Yes. Yes you can hug me." Spencer had answered and was met with a warm hug."Did you know that it is believed that around 50000 people are hugging someone too in this exact moment?"

"No, I did not. Lucky I have you then." She knew in that moment that her husband would, if he ever gets a child, be as loving and gentle as a father could get.

"This was the last call for tonight I promise." Exhausted Aaron lays down next to her. "Apparently it's to late to discuss this."

"How surprising its almost midnight."

"Right?" They both smile for a moment.

"Why don't you invite him to dinner again?"

"Its not gonna fix this."

"But it would make him happy."

"I'll ask him." The next morning she gets a message from her husband saying. "If there is no case I will bring Spencer."

This wasn't really what she meant but she nailed it anyway making a delicious meal and being ready on time when the two man walked in and she had a hard time maintaining her smile.

Spencer had lost even more weight, his cheekbones sticking out and the skin under his eyes is dark red while his lips are dry and he is slightly trembling.

Why would her husband let him work like this?

"Its nice to see you Spencer." They never hugged before but right now she couldn't stop herself and he returns the hug.

"I haven't seen you in a while." It had been half a year. The last time was when she brought Jack to the office and back then it had just started. Her husband had told her the evening before how Spencer had fainted for the fifth time.

"Well Jack is sure a handful." She says letting go of him. "He comes after his dad."

"I am not comfortable commenting that." The Dr. says looking at Hotch while pressing his lips together to not smile.

"You better not." He greets his wife with a kiss and slowly they start chattering over mostly Jack and then somehow a book Hailey read and they go over to discussing the effect of yoga when suddenly Spencer grabs the surface of the high table. "You okay?"

"No." With that he falls from the bar stool in Hotch direction who catches him and places him down on the cold floor and as if Jack could sense something was wrong he starts crying in his seat in the exact same moment.

"Its okay baby." Hailey speaks calmly to the little boy while Hotch is waiting for Spencer to get up and his son crying doesn't make him calmer.

"Would you please take him to another room?" He snaps and Hailey does what was asked giving her husband some quiet.

"Spencer it's time to wake up again." She hears him say from the other room where Jack had quickly calmed down.

"C'mon open those eyes." While rocking her child she listens closely. "You've gotta wake up."

Nothing happens and eventually the pleading of her husband got more desperate. "Kiddo you are nearly at the 13 minute mark you don't want to overstep it."

"Spencer please open your eyes."

"I need you to open your eyes now."

"If you stay like this any longer I will have to call an ambulance and you will be back in a hospital. You don't want that."

"Reid please." And then there was movement and for a second she was relived before she hears him calling the ambulance explaining the situation and six minutes later Spencer wakes up she was now standing in the kitchen again still holding her son. "You are okay."

"Sorry."

"Its okay,c'mon lean against the kitchen I had to call the medics. They will check your vitals and making sure you are okay." His voice is almost as soft as it was with Jack.

"Do I have to go to the hospital again?"

"No I don't think so." And he was right they checked him over and after an explanation of Spencer's situation they were okay to leave him with Hotch. "You can sleep on the couch if you like."

"No I will go home Its fine."

"That was not a suggestion."

"Hotch I only spend one night in my own bed."

"I am sorry but I won't let you be alone like this." Defeated Spencer walks over to the couch sitting down when Haily gets up in the morning and sees that her husband is sleeping in the chair next to him and immediately sitting up when he heard a noise she was also sure that Jack would be the most protected kid in the world. And maybe not only Jack.