Rossi

"You haven't touched you food what's going on?" Rossi asks, they just ate all together at the precinct before going separated ways again.

"I just wasn't hungry."

"Just not hungry?"

"I feel dizzy since this afternoon but I just won't pass out. It's like it's coming over me any minute but it doesn't." Immediately Rossi steps closer. "It drives me- I don't know it's awful."

"What about getting rest? Sleeping for half an hour or so."

"I can't always take this breaks while everyone else is working."

"Yes you can and you will." Rossi says firmly.

"I just want this to stop it's like dizziness and nervousness and I just- It feels,it feels impossible to- to ignore just- why doesn't it stop?" In distress Reid grabbs his arm, burying his fingernails in his shirt. "I just- I- I don't- I don't know what to do."

"We try if a break helps and if it doesn't we look for another solution okay?"

"Okay." Rossi drives him to the hotel, making sure he gets to sleep and working from the small desk in their room and is not suprised that the man immediately falls asleep. Sadly it wasn't for long.

After half an hour he wakes up again, sitting up and wanting to go into the bathroom when his knees buckle and Rossi catches him just in time.

"Don't fight it kid."

"'M not fighting it." He says leaning exhausted against Rossis chest. "Why won't I pass out? What's wrong?"

"We will just let the dizziness pass okay?"

"Need to throw up." Rossi reacts fast pulling a trashcan that is in his reach over to them before Reid throws up.

"You are doing good, let it out." In sympathy he strokes the kids back.

"Everything is moving."

"I am so sorry kid." Reid throws up again, before Rossi gets up grabbing a towel from the bathroom and wiping his mouth.

"I feel really sick." His hands are grabbing the trash can, his knuckles turned white as he looks up to Rossi like a child looking at his parents with the wish to make everything better.

"I know bambino. Has this happen before?"
Before Reid could answered he gagged emptying his stomach a little bit more. "Maybe this is just the flu?"

"I don't get sick."

"Right." Rossi huffs wrapping an arm around the small body and pulling him up before the man could walk back to bed.

Needless to say the night wasn't fun for either one of them, Reid was drained of all energy, his brain hallucinating from the fever while Rossi tried his best to keep him calm. Holding a cold washcloth to his forehead, and emptying the trashcan and eventually, in the early morning the kid seemed to finally be asleep without a fever dream and Rossi get to his own bed trying to sleep.

He wakes up two hours later to Reid whimpering in his sleep but the two hours were peaceful. They seem to got the worst over with in the morning and he is glad they had because fever dreams with a mind like this, who has seen things like he did, aren't fun.

"Thank you." Reid mumbles quietly, while Rossi is sitting on a chair, holding a new cold washcloth to his face and sometimes wiping his sweaty arms with it.

"That's what I am here for."

"No you are not you just keep doing it."

"Lucky you then." Reid huffs, he is laying on his back, his face turned towards Rossi and his eyelids half shut half opened.

"Where are the blue tall man's?" He mumbles confused for a second.

"We worked out that they were only in your dream remember?"

"Yeah,right,sorry." He closes his eyes again, falling back to sleep.

Rossi was sure that if there was any way for Reid to never get a fever again, he would take that option.