1-01

♛

I close my locker as I listen intently to Tommy's story about Carol. Our group doesn't move from our spot by the lockers and we stand here for a couple more minutes. A slimy hand grabs my wrist and I immediately look down and follow the culprit who thinks they have a right to touch me.

"I thought I told you to change your answers!" The voice of a squeaky male causes the conversation to come to a halt. I turn around and a short teen stands in front of me, his curly brown head of hair covers his face and his neck. I want to gag as I stare at him.

I smack his hand that has a tight grip on my wrist and hold his forearm tightly, "who the hell do you think you are touching me?"

The geek's throat visibly gulps and I smirk, "don't touch me with your ratty fingers. Now, what the hell are you crying about?"

"I.. you... I got in t..trouble because of y...you," he stutters as he looks anywhere but at my eyes. "You didn't change... you didn't change the answers for... the Spanish homework and now... now I'm getting detention."

I roll my eyes, is he serious? All this drama for him getting detention. Dramatic.

"That's not my fault. I just happen to hand in my homework before you. Next time, be quicker or be careful who you hand your homework out to," I give him a bright smile and release my hold on his cold wrist. I drop my smile, "now scram."

The shorter teen rushes away as he holds his straps of his backpack close to him. His small body takes him far away from me and the others.

"What a dick." I groan.

"It's always him that has to complain about shit." Carol says as she twirls a front piece of her red hair. I shrug it off and open my purse to grab my hand sanitiser out. I go to grab where it normally would've been but find nothing there, what the shit?

"What are you looking for?" Steve questions from beside me, touching my bare arms with his warm fingers. I feel and hear my heart beating so loudly I'm genuinely worried Steve can hear it. I shut my eyes taking in his touch, with a small sigh I move my arm away from him no matter how I wanted to desperately keep my arm to his hand.

"My sanitiser, I can't find it." I open my locker and quickly throw my books and pens around to find it.

The day Steve Harrington broke up with me was one of the worst days of my life. I didn't expect it, well... I did but not so soon! Especially, not on our anniversary. When he first said it I laughed in his face. There was no way he was actually breaking up with me, but the dead look in his eyes broke me. I remember it didn't hit me at first that we were broken up. I woke up the next day fine and ready for Steve to drive me to school but he never showed up. I had to walk my ass to school. Fucking horrible.

I walked over to Steve all anger and disappointment for having to walk leaving my system when I saw him laughing with Carol and Tommy. I gave him a kiss on the lips as I usually would and then he did the one thing I never thought he would do, he pushed me away from him. I never thought I'd be so in love with someone who didn't feel the same way but it happened to me of all people.