3.03

DOUBLE UPDATE: 3

DOUBLE UPDATE: 3.02 & 3.03

I walk alone in the empty streets of downtown Hawkins in the dead of night after my shift at the Community Pool. Downtown Hawkins has remained deserted ever since the opening of Starcourt Mall, you'd only ever see a few people, majority elders, shopping or walking around here.

But considering it's now too late for anyone to be walking, the streets are empty. The only people who'd be out now are those finishing from work, like me. Yuck, I never thought that'd be a sentence I'd say. Work. Blegh.

I pause in my steps when I look around the neighbourhood, coming across Nancy Wheeler with a scowlful look on her face as she throws away half eaten burgers.

"Stupid men. Stupid Jonathan. Stupid work." I hear the girl mumble. With a curious eyebrow on my face, I walk over to the girl in heels.

"Are you okay?" I question Nancy, a slightly humorous tone in my voice.

"Danielle?" Nancy stops her mumbling, and the scowl on her face drops to a confused one as she turns to look at me. "What are... what are you doing here so late?"

"I can ask you the same thing..." I rebuke to the curly haired girl. She sighs before walking into The Hawkins Post. Am I supposed to follow her?

So, I do.

I follow my ex-boyfriend's ex into the building of our local newspaper. "Are you breaking and entering?"

"Is it considered breaking and entering when you work here?" Nancy grumbles as she walks through the empty room. I raise an eyebrow at her nastiness. I always thought Nancy would be one of those people who thrive at work.

"Nancy Wheeler hating her job? That's so odd. No offence, I thought you were a nerd for employment." I joke to the girl who turns around with an annoyed look on her face.

"I'm going to ignore that you just called me a nerd. Anyways, I don't hate it... I have just realised that these men don't care about anything unless you have..."

"Unless you have what?" I question the girl, confused as she points to her crotch.

"Unless you have..." Nancy sighs, before looking around the empty space but still, she immediately lowers her voice to a whisper, "a penis."

I let out a chocked laugh, never would I thought I'd be having this conversation with Nancy.

"Gross. Toxic masculinity." I fake barf and Nancy nods agreeing with me.