1.10

♛

Steve and I sit on his car as we wait for Carol and Tommy to return from the quickmart. I stare at his red bloody wounds, my heart absolutely aching for him.

"Do you want me to clean it?" I ask him and he stays silent, staring at the ground. "I have hand sanitizer, I will confirm though, that it will sting like a bitch."

I take his silence as a yes and open my purse. I grab my tissues that I always kept inside. I spit on the tissue and wipe at Steve's face.

He instantly winces at the contact. I lightly dab on his bleeding injury on the side of his forehead. My saliva barely doing much to clean him.

"Fuck, he got you good." I whisper as I hold his also bloody hand. Steve remains silent as I try to clean his face. I decide against using the sanitizer mainly to not anger Steve. He's in a vulnerable position, I can just imagine what he's thinking since he lost to a fucking faggot.

"You owe me, $1.20." Tommy makes his presence known with Carol beside him and he throws Steve a can of coke and meds. I lean my hands on the car and drop my head down, with a pop of my hips. Steve doesn't say a word to Tommy as he places the cold coke can just above his eye and places two pills in his mouth. He swallows them with ease as he groans at the contact of the can to his bruising eye.

"Don't worry, he'll need more than aspirin when we're done with him." Tommy says as his eyes stay on Steve.

"Yeah, if the creep ever gets out," Carol rolls her eyes. "The cops should just lock him up forever."

"God, I doubt it. He's a white man, he'll probably be out in a couple days." I huff out.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Carol gasps about Jonathan. "Oh..." Carol softly hits Tommy's chest, acting out as the perv. Tommy laughs and I can't help but laugh as well.

"He probably had that same look whenever he killed his brother, right?" Tommy smirks and lightly hits Steve's arm trying to get Steve to join in the conversation.

"Oh, God, I just got an image of him making that face while he and Nancy are screwing." Carol snickers and Tommy lets out a chesty laugh. I hold in my laugh not wanting to anger Steve.

"Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth!" Steve shouts at her as the mood immediately dies down. My eyes widen and I step away from the car, my arms falling down to my side.

"Steve..." I blow out air, kind of shocked by his words.

"What?" She questions him.

"Hey, what's your problem, man?" Tommy asks, anger now on his face.

"You're all assholes," Steve says. "That's my problem."

"What the fuck, Steve?" I scoff at his anger.