2.13

♛

We help Hopper to clear out the Byers' shed, throwing every single thing out of there, and onto the ground outside. I roll my neck as I sanitise my hands before grabbing the duct tape from Jonathan to cover the walls with blank sheets of paper. Jonathan, Steve, Nancy and myself have been on wall duty as the kids went around to find trash or paper we could use to cover the walls.

"Did you just—" Jonathan starts to speak, when he notices I sanitised my hands before touching the tape he last used. His own hands motioning to my sanitiser as he stares at it shocked, watching as I put in my back pocket.

"Yes. I will not apologise for a condition that I have." I cut a piece of duct tape, and attach it to the small window covering it with a blank sheet of paper, hiding any views, or any potential memories Will might have with seeing a window.

"I wasn't expecting you to." Jonathan takes the tape from me, and unravels enough for him to cover the leftover of the window.

"To what, apologise?" I ask as I gently get off the ladder and grab a new sheet of paper. I climb back up the ladder and await for his response.

"Yes. To apologise." He answers, aggressively tapping the wall. I scoff and roll my eyes, looking over to him.

"Sad to say that I'm still expecting an apology from you," I lean forward to grab the tape from his hands but he lifts it away from me, a hard look on his face. "What the hell!"

"Apologise for what?"

"For being a peeper. Forget the nickname already, Peeping Jon?" I huff, turning to face him being cautious of my footing since I'm standing on a ladder to reach the window. "You know, I haven't been able to properly dress without constantly checking my windows, because who would've thought Hawkins would have a little peeper, in this small fucking town."

I grab the tape from him, as he stares directly at me. His eyes moving from my left to my right eye. I turn away, and cut another piece of tape, and sticking it to the empty wall.

"I'm sorry." Jonathan apologises and I'm shocked, my legs lose its balance and I almost fall off the ladder. Jonathan reaches out for my waist, his arms steadying me from falling to the ground. I can't believe I almost fell just because Jonathan apologised.

"Oh." I mumble, shocked. It's been a year since Jonathan took those peeping pictures at Steve's place, and I genuinely never thought he'd ever acknowledge it again.

"I'm sorry for taking photos of you, especially without you knowing. I'm sorry for it taking a year for me to realise how much it affected you."

I don't even know what to say. I always assumed he'd go on with his life, but maybe he just didn't think it'd affect anyone and now that he's with Nancy, who has clearly forgiven him for being a creep he probably didn't care.