2.04

Hitching a ride with someone on the way back from Tina's party would've been the best idea for me but of course... like an idiot I am, I chose to walk instead. I'm tipsy but I am sobering up quicker than usual since I'm walking and getting fresh air. My legs and upper thighs ache each step I take, a potential side effect from Billy.

I take a swig from the bottle of water I carry, and think of Billy, really wishing I stopped him from leaving. The second we finished from three rounds, he laid beside me for 5 minutes catching his breath then literally got dressed and left the room. Not a word escaping his mouth. I just watched in disbelief that he left without cleaning me, without saying anything except fuuuck, that was good.

I should've known though, he's such a fuckboy.

Eventually, I left the room —after cleaning myself and resting for a bit longer, I went downstairs, only to find Billy sitting and drinking with his friends. I held in my eyeroll, he doesn't owe me anything. I left the party moments later out of boredom.

Can I add, I also didn't see Steve and Nancy? Did they fuck? Did they leave to fuck? Did they get bored and call it a night?

A sudden sound of a screaming girl pulls me from my thoughts. I pause in my steps looking around the quiet and dead street. I'm in my street, so could it be Jenny?

I hear another scream and quickly follow the echo. I look at a house and find Dustin staring down his bin, holding his makeshift vacuum as a weapon. I cock my head to the side and look around other homes, only to find quietness. No way that scream was from him however, there's literally no one else on the street.

From the way the pre-teen stares at his bin, it has to be him. He's shocked, or scared, maybe both. I walk up Dustin's driveway and yell out to him, "Dustin!"

The younger boy looks up at me. He immediately releases his tight hold on his vacuum and shuts the trash can lid back onto the can.

"Danielle... what are you doing here?" He gasps, a guilty look on his face. Hm.

"Why are you screaming at your trash?" I ask him, standing by him and the garbage.

"I wasn't." Dustin lies, immediately shaking his head and moving to stand in front of the trash can.

"You so were. You're the only one out and the only one with a girly scream." I laugh, then place my cold hand on my stomach, trying to ignore the odd pain. I take a quick sip from my bottle of water.

"I do not have a girly scream!" Dustin snaps as his trash can suddenly booms. Dustin doesn't look at it, nor does he question it, so neither do I.

"Go ahead. Scream then." I insist and Dustin frowns.

"No."

"Why?" I laugh, and just as I do so, I feel my stomach rumble. The rumble moves up to my throat and instantly I know I'm going to throw up. "Uh oh."

"What?" Dustin shouts and looks at me in horror. He stares at my face, noting my features. "You better not barf. Don't you barf!"

"Okay," I place my hand over my mouth and let my other hand try to comfort my stomach by rubbing lightly on it. I bend down slightly and lean on the side of the garage wall. "Oh no..." my throat aches a little, I drop my water bottle to the ground and instantly move to the trash and rip off the lid of the can.

"No!"

I ignore Dustin as I grip the edges of the trash can, awaiting for the leftovers and alcohol to escape my mouth. But, it doesn't happen, instead my eyes widen when I see a slimy naked rat in the trash. Suddenly, the urge to throw up wasn't as strong as wanting to get my head out of the trash can.