1.03

♛(double upload, make sure you've read 1

(double upload, make sure you've read 1.02 to 1.04)

"James," I greet my step dad as I walk down the stairs towards the living room. "I thought you had work?"

"They let me out early," James, my stepdad, sits with a cold beer in his hand in the living room. "I came home not too long ago."

"Oh... I didn't hear the door open," I shrug it off as I enter the kitchen to make myself lunch. "Mom still at work?"

"When isn't she?" He calls out from across the room.

It's true. Sad, but true. My mom is some crazy scientist who has been working at the Lab for 2 years now. She has crazy hours, sometimes she doesn't come back until the next morning. I always ask her what she does but her answer is always the same.

You know I can't tell you. I signed an NDA. 

And so, my response is the same too.

Who the hell is going to find out that you told?

She just laughs it off and always walks off. So annoying!

"Ho! Ho!" James cheers, forcing my thoughts to leave my brain and look up to find him no longer in the living room and instead holding the newspaper by the front door. "Paper came in early!"

James has loved, absolutely loved reading the paper every day. I'll never understand his love for it.

"Anything interesting?" I ask not really giving a shit but I'm bored. I rinse potatoes for my lunch in the sink as he begins to speak.

"An American cruise missiles arrives in the UK." He says, walking towards me and pointing at the headline and I roll my eyes.

"I said interesting."

"Tummy tucks! Improve the shape of your waist!" James reads. My mouth gapes, why would he think I'd find that interesting?

"Dude, Dani. You need that!" The sounds of my brother's high pitched voice shouts from the top of the stairs and my left eye twitches.

"Andrew!" James shouts and I drop the potatoes into the sink. I run as fast as my legs could take me to the top of the stairs where Andy is. Andy screams when he sees me, he desperately tries to run away but I fortunately did track when I was younger so I'm quick to pinch his pale arm.

"Apologise," I demand as he falls to the ground acting extremely dramatic, he holds onto the spot where I pinched him. "Doofus, I pinched you. I didn't fucking shoot you!" I stand above him and Andy still cradles his arm.

"Kiss my grits!" He says and goes to sit up but I move to shove him to the floor. I sit down on my knees beside his laying body. My arm sits on his chest to hold his body down. I'm glad my brother's a literal twig, it's so easy to fight and win.