2.09

With my head leaning on the rim of the bathtub, I keep my eyes shut not wanting to escape the feeling of relaxation. I loved having a bath, absolutely loved it. It has always been my favourite thing to do whenever my minds been going 200 miles per hour.

Unfortunately, I'm only ever able to have 5 minutes of bathtub time before I start to feel germs crawling all over my body. That's when I hate it.

So I always have to take a long shower of scrubbing at my body once I've finished from those 5 minutes of relaxation in the bath. It used to never be like this. Until, my mom left. My mom would always help me scrub the living hell out of the bathtub before I entered.

Then once she left, the scrubbing was now all on me, which was fine. I didn't care, but mom would always be a better scrubber than I was. She'd really get the tub shining. I remember always asking how she does it but she'd never want to tell me because she always wanted me to need her for something. To want her help.

I bring my head down underneath the water and hold my breath. I scrub at my face and stay under for a couple more seconds.

As I bring my head out of the water, I hear a loud screaming match between Dustin and Steve.

"That's another day Dart's missing." Dustin argues and I can just imagine Steve rolling his eyes at him. I pull out the bath plug, watching the water tornado down the drain.

"It's a chance to bring your dumb friends instead of us." Steve fights back. I turn the shower tap on and scrub my body with a soaped loafer as I listen to their argument.

"It's not about that anymore, it's about losing a day... losing Dart who is still growing, will I add!" Dustin's loud voice booms throughout the house. After finishing up with cleaning my body, I turn the tap off and squeeze excess water out from my hair before grabbing a towel to wrap it around my bare body. I walk over to the sink and grab my toothbrush. I squeeze an absurd amount of toothpaste on my brush as I aggressively clean the insides of my mouth.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror. The slight hollow cheeks in my face were deepening from the lack of foods I've been having because of the drugs I've taken instead. I have to stop.

I spit the foamed toothpaste out of my mouth, and wash away any remains around my lips and on the toothbrush, then placing it back in it's hidden compartment.

I look out the small window covered with curtains. It's still bright out so maybe we could go before the sunsets to continue this dumb plan of Dustin's and he can stop crying about Dart. I hold the towel tightly against my body and open the door, cutting Steve off mid-sentence.

"Close your eyes, Dustin." I shout as I pop my head out of the bathroom so I can quickly rush past the living room where the two boys sat. Their argued mouths halt to a stop.

"What about Steve?" Dustin calls out and I step out to see Dustin covering his eyes and Steve looking directly at me. I squint my eyes at him, teasing him. He smiles before covering his eyes with his hands.

"They're covered." He mumbles and I walk to my bedroom. I shut my bedroom door once I'm in and pick an outfit semi-appropriate for this Dart hunt. I take out high-waisted mom jeans to pair with a crop top. I look at my bustier top in the back of my closet and sigh, I'm dying for a moment to wear a bustier.

Ever since Madonna wore her all-white Boy Toy outfit to the MTV VMAs for her performance, I've been obsessed! I wish I could be Madonna, she's so confident. Only SHE could rock a total virgin look for her Like A Virgin song.

I shut my closet before remembering where and what I was doing.

"Did you guys want to go catch Dart?" I call out to them, making sure my voice is loud enough for them to hear me behind the closed door. I grab my bra, throwing it on and clipping it.