2.14

♛

The kids were trying to find anything to pass time. Lucas and Max work together to clean up the mess El made when she throw the Demogorgon inside the house which caused the front windows to break. Andy bites at his nails beside me on the stained loveseat but Jenny smacks his hands, attempting to stop him.

Mike paces up and down the hallway causing me and Lucas to actually feel like we're going insane.  We wait for any sort of news whether it's good or bad about the current status of Eleven and the gate and if Will is back to himself.

"Mike!" I shout annoyed at him but Mike just ignores me, continuing the pacing. Lucas sighs and looks at me then over to his best friend.

"Mike, would you just stop already?" Lucas asks nicely, stopping the cleanup he and Max were working on.

Mike huffs, "you weren't in there, okay, guys?" He stops in his tracks, staring at us. "That lab is swarming with hundreds of those dogs."

"Demo-dogs!" Dustin shouts from the kitchen, butting into their conversation.

"The chief will take care of her." Lucas says trying to help clear Mike's mind.

"Like she needs protection." Max adds, a slight irritation in her tone due to El's lack of friendliness to the new girl.

"Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in a game, bottom line, you execute it. All right?" Steve intervenes with a tea towel on his shoulder, exiting the kitchen with Dustin by his side.

I let out a snort, Steve giving me a look. I immediately drop my smile and give a fake nod like I know what he was going on about. I don't care about sports, I may be a cheerleader but we only really care about the amount of times the ball goes through the hoop.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game. And second, we're not even in the game. We're on the bench." Mike snaps, causing Steve to frown before throwing an attempt to fire back at the child.

"S...so, my... my point is..." Steve stammers, his eyes move from Mike to the other kids to me. "Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so uh, there's nothing we can do."

"That's not entirely true." Dustin pipes in from beside Steve.

"What do you mean?" Jenny asks, instantly standing up from the couch.

"These demo-dogs, they have a hive mind. When they ran away from the bus, they were called away." Dustin answers Jenny.

"If we get their attention..." Lucas suggests, then Max finishes off for him. "Maybe we can draw them from the lab."

"Clear a path to the gate." Mike continues.

"How can we even do that?" Andy says, the nail biting comes to an end, and he stands up beside Jenny. Steve looks at me a tired look on his face. I just shrug. I'm not getting involved. My siblings barely even listen to me, how would I attempt to convince five others?